Need speaker suggestion for a larger room!

OK, out there - here's my situation:  I'm a Hi-Fi guy that goes back to 1952 - Brooke, Meisner, Mc C-1, etc.
Stayed with the good stuff - Mc., H H Scott, Marantz up until transistors took over in the mid-60's. 
One thing an another, I drifted from serious audio in the mid-80's and watched improving TV (!).

At an advanced age (84), wife and I are crawling back: Got a refreshed C-34 and MC7250 for signal
and a pair of decent M/L Ascents for transduction. LOVE the mid-range spacial effect!  Bass, mid and low,
is disappointing. 
For your consideration: Room is 26'L x 20'W x 8'H (4100+ cu. ft.) and "live"( some carpet and upholstered furniture), but much reflective wall area (glass) on either side; No help on opposite wall.
Unfortunately, aesthetics play a role: Speaker cabinet must be cream, black, or silver (!). 
I'm a fan of Tannoy sound, if this helps (used to own a pair of 12' Silvers WAY back), but their cabs are all
Walnut, or similar. Also, don't need to go to 18 Hz - We're in a condo - so an HONEST 30 cps is perfect.
Music pref: Classical, 20's and pre- 60's jazz, Piano ensembles + vibes,  Blue Grass, Tannoy demo CD's (!)

I'm hopeful some of you up-to date folks will help us uncover a few good speakers options. Our budget:
no more than $7,000.00.  Oh - and good used examples are just fine. Probably preferred, given our budget!

Thanks a lot for whatever you can share!
Bo

128x128broockies
Pardon the tardy response. My thanks to all that have responded. 
I'm at a loss which way to turn, as there were so many different
suggestions. The most intriguing was from sbank. Does a fairly live room devalue cone or horn speakers? I would think bi-polars
would suffer due to refections. I gather Tannoys shouldn't be
considered.
Best to all,
Bo
The problem isn't that a live room devalues cone speakers. It's that cone speakers disperse widely. That dispersion hits side walls and glass reflections will ruin sound of any speaker. Dipoles almost all the energy goes front and back. If the glass was behind the speakers, I wouldn't suggest panels. 
With dynamics(i.e.cones) think of the circles you see when you toss a stone in a lake. That's how sound from your cone tweeter radiates and hits your glass side wall which is super lively and needs to be adsorbed. Free standing panels in front of the glass at 1st and 2nd reflection points would help a TON. 
With dipoles(i.e. panels) think of the sound coming at you like a firehose with strong pressure. Most goes straight at you. Some bounces off floor or ceiling to a small degree(get a rug!). The glass side won't be involved in what you hear. 
Read the room setup page on Sound Labs' site for more insight including "Live End / Dead End" approach where you try to absorb much of the rear-firing energy and don't do too much at the end behind your seat.
I am not a lone wolf on this kind of thinking. Where is everyone else who understands the setup of dynamic speakers vs. dipoles? Planar Depot or somewhere?
Cheers,
Spencer
Once again - my thanks to all who have offered suggestions.
I'm filing this thread for reference.

Spencer's and sbank's comments seem logical as to my environment. If they're correct, looks like I'm best off with bi-polars, and if the later powered M/L models can deliver better bass, I should search in this direction. Experience teaches that 2 un-amped 10" woofers don't fill the room. Need 4, or maybe 2 -12 to 15 in. to move enough air. Perhaps amping is the answer.

A WONDERFUL THREAD. BEST TO YOU ALL !
Bo