Why not horns?

I've owned a lot of speakers over the years but I have never experienced anything like the midrange reproduction from my horns. With a frequency response of 300 Hz. up to 14 Khz. from a single distortionless driver, it seems like a no-brainer that everyone would want this performance. Why don't you use horns?
macrojack
Here's a fresh question.

Are horns generally more forward rather than laid back sounding? is this always necessarily the case?

Reason I ask is that the Walsh drivers I currently prefer tend to be on the laid back side, in that most things happen behind the plane of the speaker in most setups.

That is the most distinctive characteristic of the omni Walsh driver I think. Other than tha, with my eyes closed, I believe I would be hard pressed to identify the driver technology used in that they have various characteristics of otehr driver types I have heard and read about, including the midrange purity of horns.

So part of the appeal of horns to me is that in my mind they represent the other end of the spectrum in terms of being more forward sounding than what I have. I'm not saying that is better or not, only different. I think what I have pushes things about as far as I would need to go in its direction, so horns appeal to me as a means of trying something completely different and comparing and constrasting. Were I to do it, I would also anticipate the need at some point to use a spearate amp for them from the rest of my system(s), probably a tube amp, in order to get the most out of them.
Johnk, do you have a link to that. I assume you aren't talking about the system you have posted here.
Mapman, as with any speaker driver one can change the presentation of horns. I have read man posts by horn users who prefer solid silver wiring. In some places I agree with them. However, I recently went through auditions of an interconnect cable that is made with solid silver wiring but comes with the option of copper or silver connectors. The silver connectors most definitely moved the musicians to the front and right into your face. The copper connectors, on the other hand, tended to move things back with a more relaxed presentation and that is the option I chose.

unsound, I assume you are generalizing? Yes, my horns do have midrange purity, and low and hi range purity as well. I'm sure we can all find examples of speakers of any type that do and don't have purity.
Unsound,

Which approach's midrange purity do you question? Horn, Walsh or Walsh/CLS, or both?

If a single driver can cover most of the midrange with a flat response and have good dynamics, that to me would indicate at least the potential for midrange purity. Whether or not it is realized or not would depend on additional factors in each case though of course.