Do you ever do this before you listen?

Hello everyone. I was at an audio store today with a friend that was auditioning a pair of speakers and the salesman told us to clear our ears by pinching the nose then blowing through your nose to make the ears pop (clearing them). I have to admit the music sounded  so much better lol. It makes perfect sense why you would want to do this, but I had just never thought of it. So I thought I would see who else is doing this, and maybe discover some other new tricks. SO what strange things do you do routinely before a listing session? (I know thats a loaded question to ask of this group)
barnettk
The ear wax removal kits are available in drug stores and elsewhere (put hydrogen peroxide based thick goo in ear, let it set for a while, and remove it with warm water injected by a rubber bulb squirting thing), and I've been using that method for decades (a doctor recommended this stuff when I was playing guitar in loud clubs many years ago). Works great and is safe.

Those do work well. I use Nivea body wash, and make sure to lather my ear really well, and rince with the shower head over 15 seconds per ear. That seems to, over time, keep my ears pretty clean.
However! That requires regular maintenance. The bulb works best for build up. 
Best,
E
Valsalva.......learned a new word today.  And that's always a good thing!  Thanks!
I know exactly what it's called. For it to be suggested as something to do before listening to music is nuts if you don't know how careful you have to be to do it. You're better off holding your nose closed and swallowing (frenzel). I don't care what eh air force taught you. To do it without proper instruction from a doctor is careless. 

Thank you for your service.