Classical Music for Aficionados

I would like to start a thread, similar to Orpheus’ jazz site, for lovers of classical music.
I will list some of my favorite recordings, CDs as well as LP’s. While good sound is not a prime requisite, it will be a consideration.
  Classical music lovers please feel free to add to my lists.
Discussion of musical and recording issues will be welcome.

I’ll start with a list of CDs.  Records to follow in a later post.

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.  Chesky  — Royal Phil. Orch.  Freccia, conductor.
Mahler:  Des Knaben Wunderhorn.  Vanguard Classics — Vienna Festival Orch. Prohaska, conductor.
Prokofiev:  Scythian Suite et. al.  DG  — Chicago Symphony  Abbado, conductor.
Brahms: Symphony #1.  Chesky — London Symph. Orch.  Horenstein, conductor.
Stravinsky: L’Histoire du Soldat. HDTT — Ars Nova.  Mandell, conductor.
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances. Analogue Productions. — Dallas Symph Orch. Johanos, cond.
Respighi: Roman Festivals et. al. Chesky — Royal Phil. Orch. Freccia, conductor.

All of the above happen to be great sounding recordings, but, as I said, sonics is not a prerequisite.

128x128rvpiano
@twoleftears 
Rubenstein's #4 concerto has been a favorite of mine since I first heard it 40 years ago... It was on an old VoxBox collection with Micheal Ponti.
Actually, I rediscovered it on Spotify. They had 3 volumes from Early Romantic to Late Romantic. 
Not the greatest piece of writing, but it has all the Romantic hallmarks.
And, yes, Brahms deserves to be in the Big 3 with Bach and Beethoven.
Funny, maybe not, but his First Symphony never clicked with me. The other 3 rank as some of the greatest Western music ever composed.
Not to mention the Piano Concertos...
Bob
newbee et al
I share your appreciation for "Les Annees" and Lazar Berman.
I think my favorite recording of "Les Annees" is by Ciccolini.
From 1961 & 1969, on EMI
I have been away from this site for a long time now, and have just caught up with this thread. I'll mention that I too would agree that Grimaud is one of the best working today.  I've had the good fortune to work with her I think on three different occasions in my career. 

Speaking of keeping the music alive, one thing that has recently done that for me as far as listening goes was my purchase of john Eliot Gardiner's complete set of the Bach Cantatas that they did a few years back for the anniversary.  Just one great chorus after one great aria after another.  None of it of lower quality.  Bach is a great choice if you need a reboot.  
Amen to that !The Gardiner's set is the go-to set of the Cantatas , I have some of it but my complete set is Rilling because it was available in vinyl .
Every morning for the last twenty years I start the day  with a cup of coffee
 and a Bach Cantata . I honestly believe this is a major factor  in me livingto be as old as I am .