Which area of components to spend the most $ on? Boy I was wrong all my life!

I have been an audio junkie for about 25 years. All those years, I have read plenty of discussion posts and recommendations where to spend the most money on. The majority, even the experts recommend to spend the most money on speakers. Up to as high as 60% of the total budget.Example: CEO of PS Audio-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYwL7vPkPhg
I believed this all my life. Today, my eyes are opened. My total budget is about $15K.Before today, my system was:Speakers-Revel F36 Concerta 2 (For the money, this is the best speakers I’ve heard. I like it more than my previous Dynaudio Contour 30)Integrated Amp-Marantz PM-10 (Class D, balanced, 400wpc at 4ohms)CD Player-Oppo UDP 205 & Marantz CD 6005 (Some of the best in class)Line conditioner-Furman Elite PFi 15Cables-Kimber 8TC Speaker Cables (Sorry, not a cable nut. I’d rather spend money elsewhere)
I upgraded my front end CD player to... Marantz SA-11S3. I was BLOWN away! This is the greatest upgrade I have ever heard in my life. For 25 years, I was taught to spend the most in speakers. Sorry! It’s the FRONT END! The best source you can afford. The purity transcends down the river. I am blown away by the sheer improvement in detail, clarity, depth, the air around the instruments.
My philosophy has changed.
skimrn
Post removed 
There's great bang for the buck at every investment level because audio and video electronics have consistently delivered more value over time.  Today, it's pretty hard to buy a crappy system at the $15k total level if you read reviews and listen.  Similarly, even the worst car you can buy today is way more reliable, durable, efficient and enjoyable to drive than what we drove in the 1960's.  The old rules of percentage allocation for components of  a stereo system no longer strictly apply.  I like to think of putting together a system in terms of my experience for years buying expensive Italian suits that were never altered correctly.  Today I can buy a cheap name brand designer suit made in China and take it to a master Italian tailor and that alone will make it look better than a poorly fitted and tailored expensive Italian suit.  I think if you buy with a philosophy like that you can really put together a wonderful and enjoyable listening experience.
audiotroy1,424 postsThe OP just discovered that a system is dependent on the quality of all of its components.

I agree. 
As an aside I consider the best reviewer to be the lone audiophile.  This is because he is intimately aware of his own system.  A small change is noticeable, something that others probably would not hear.  A large change and ... well, veils get lifted.
Have you tried 
  • Dynaudio Contour 30 ($7500) + Marantz SA-11S3 CD Player ($4000)=$11,500  ??

Always start at the front end and you will be rewarded greatly ; but eventually you'll want to fine tune the system to what your ears say it to be. I suppose my priorities with the ear thing may be changing since I'm approaching 65.