Are high sample rates making your music sound worse?

ishkabibil
@goofyfoot 

Telling them anything about what the files are, and the fact that you know which file is being played invalidates any findings from a scientific point.  If another person did the same and the people said it was no different, what then?  

As I’ve asked, what benefits does 192kHz have over 44.1kHz? Do you believe we can hear higher than 22kHz or that those inaudible frequencies still influence our hearing?
mzkmxcv,
I didn't tell anybody about a file, I played the CD. I've never made claims about being a scientist. Maybe you could explain in aesthetic terms what I'm actually hearing. I have academic experience in the area of aesthetics, otherwise I'm somewhat disinterested.
@goofyfoot  

Just saying your findings differ from most human trials I’ve seen. 
I’m saying even if the bits are the same it can and will sound different. In the real world, a world populated by real audiophiles bits are not bits. The laser reads bumps and lands, for one thing, not zeros and ones. So, what you’re calling bits are even bits to begin with. Hel-loo! A lot can happen between the time the laser reads the physical bumps and lands and the time the data is converted to an analog signal.
mzkmxcv
@cleeds

So now you are saying even if the bits are the same it sounds different?
No, I've never said that. Nor do I understand what would lead you to suggest that I said that.