What is the latest greatest USB add on device?

What is the latest greatest USB add on device?

I have been out of the USB arena for a while. Last I remembered there was an Uptone Regen, iFi, Intonia, Mutec, and the Disrupter.
I still own the Disrupter and I just tried it again and it did seem to improve the USB signal.
Is there any new USB devices that I should consider? It would be used between a Bryston BDP-2 USB player and a PS Audio Direst Stream Dac.

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Thanks jaybe for staying with it.

All I know is to use the 2 sets of POE's (4 units total) with my 2 units it would have required 4 ethernet cables (2 meter each is said to sound the best). Along with the 2 DC cables, 2 USB cables, 2 Uptone LPS 1.2 units and the ISO Regen and the SOtM unit that I am using.

I"ll wait until a more simplified version is available.

ozzy

Yes this takes a lot of effort.  No doubt. Tons to read through and understand. I am into DIY and am intentionally curious so I will plow on. 

I am building a cable without all the Poe connections and junctions. We will see.  

I can you this Ozzy. The Duelund 20 gauge stranded copper in cotton make a fine DC cable. I used 4 runs with two on + and two on - in a starquad configuration. I double shielded one with two layers of copper braid tubing and compared it to an unshielded one. Both sound fantastic and much better than the DC cables that came with my SOTM units. Hard to tell that much of a difference between the shielded and unshielded. However, I have learned that sonic gains are to be found with upgraded DC cables. The Duelund wire costs $6 per meter. So very affordable and avoids the whole birds nest mess found with the top end Poe Configurations such as the Dual Cat and Dual Cat Squared.

I frankly do not find the Dual Cat Poe to sound any better than the Duelund DC cable on its own as I listened today. However both are a nice jump over stock DC cables and DC cables made with the popular Canare starquad bulk cable.