Anyone listened to PSB Synchrony Ones?

I haven't had the chance yet to hear these speakers, since the nearest dealer is a 10 hour drive away. I will be able to audition them in the near future, but if anyone has had a chance to hear them, any comments would be appreciated. My system includes a Simaudio I-7 integrated amp, Bryston BCD-1 CD player, and B&W 804S speakers. I am thinking of changing speakers, and have heard that these are worth a listen.
dooleybc
the thoughts above relate well to the Soundstage review from Aug 08 on the PSB SO which is also cmopared to the S series Paradigms. The notes here about the top end diffs are as well said in that review... the new Tweeter in the S series Paradigms being the better of the two speaker lines... and the sole shortcoming of the Syncrony Ones... and again, by comparison to one another. The PSB in that account was said to be better in other areas though than the Paradigm S series.

Similarly omparisons have to be made if the compared items are similarly priced, otherwise it either shadows or spotlights one of the two units under inspection.

True too, as said above, there are some areas of the sonic reproduction one may not wish to compromise or forgoe in selecting a new set of speakers. For myself, I wish to gain more prominence in a good way throughout the mid band, and I'd not want to sacrifice the top end quality I experience now, nor the bass response that is presently on duty in my current affair.

No doubt from all I've read to date on the PSB lineup, and what I've heard from others, the PSB speakers are both great performers and fine values. I do not feel they are in my own future however as my perception of them says they are a step back for me.

The measurements in that account also point to the possibility that a bit more power than I presently have may well be needed to drive them properly... as the tested impedance drops well under the 4 ohm low indicated by the manufacturer.
Thanks very much, jgwilson.

Blindjim, are you looking at the two P brands as possible replacements for your Sonatas?

I've seriously thunk on it a bunch.

Looking at the numbers in the testing sections of two articles on the Syncrony Ones which appear best sutied to my own needs, I've felt two issues that concern my particular circumstances.... the impedance curve and the sensitivity. Add in the tweeter notes and bass response and it's too great a step back for me to take.... I think.

I've always felt this way about things in general... "If you like what you are getting, keep doing what you are doing.... If you don't, change what you can." A change of perspectve is the cheapest thing to change, but sometimes it is also the tuffest. For a time, I've decided to change that which actually bugs me that I CAN change economically. right now... a step up in performance I am finding, is going to be pretty costly.
Thank you everyone for your responses. Sorry to be saying this so late, but some unusual demands occupied me for some time. I will be able to hear these for myself in early April, but not likely before that. If only the road conditions were not so bad this time of year, I would find a way to get there sooner. Mlauner and Heyanming, this is what I have heard from the dealer that I has served me well. Jgwilson and Blindjim, I may very well find this to be true when I do have a listen. They will have to be, to my ears, a significant step up for me to consider the change, as the B&W 804S do sound very nice with the rest of my system.

I suspect the Sync Ones are going to be better than the 804s... ? But that's just me.