Toto Tungsten Speaker Cables by Bogdan

Just wanted to get some feedback on these speaker cables. Thinking of buying a set, but would like to hear from people that have heard them. Thanks
holman
Tungston?  It's Interesting as to why anyone would use a material that has such a poor conductivity rating i.e. compared to copper or silver, to make cables.

I would have thought dynamic performance and detail would be a couple of the most desirable attributes of any cable. Tungston would result in a noticeable reduction in both of these metrics.

Perhaps using it  results in a smoother, more "rounded" sound ?

Anyone using/tried them?

Just curious - Steve 
Tungston? It's Interesting as to why anyone would use a material that has such a poor conductivity rating i.e. compared to copper or silver, to make cables.
That was my thought, curious indeed.
@spatialking - after giving it some more thought ...

I know many people dislike the sound of silver
- they feel it is too bright, sometimes harsh, as they say - less "musical"
- personally I prefer silver coated stranded copper wire in my cables
- I previously used a solid silver conductor for the signal wire on my IC’s
- I then found the silver plated straned copper provided the same detail with an additional "warmth" that solid silver lacked

Perhaps tungston sounds even more pleasing to some peoples ears?

We rely on the ears of the sound engineer to produce what we believe to be a "faithful" rendition of the recording session. What if their ears are a little "less than perfect", after all they subject their ears to music that is probably loucer than our day-to-day ambient sounds. So they could in fact increase the treble to levels that suits their ears, which may sound harsh to others.

Or perhaps a person has suffered some slight hearing damage to the upper end of their specttrum which results in what might be a perfectly recorded track as sounding harsh or brittle. Under those circumstancaes tungston might provide a more pleasing sound

Personally, I know I have suffered some hearing damamage in one ear at the higher frequncies that can make a track sound distorted. Partially covering the ear, hence sligtly reducing the pressure level eliminates that distortion.

I have heard that the gold/silver alloy wire now available also provides a warmer, more pleasing sound.

I just think, based on looking at the conductivity numbers, that tungston might be a little too "limiting"

As always - nothing about this hobby/passion/obsession is simple !

I’ll keep on trusting my own (slightly damaged) ears :-)

Chat Later - Steve