Best DIY power cable. Why not make?

Ok perhaps I don't get it.  You have hot, neutral, ground and connectors.  I am looking for advise from those that have found the secret sauce in making power cables or at least those that have had great success.  With all the quality cable and connectors why not make your own?  I refuse to pay $2,000 plus for a power cable that would take a hour to build.  I am seeking your guidance and suggestions.  Thanks!   
goose
There is no logic, reason, or justifictation for not using spades on power cables and in fact use of such terminations can insure a proper connection, contact, and conduction.
Just any old spade connector work? Obviously correct for the gauge of wire I'm using, but since I'm using high quality wire and connectors, I don't necessarily want to throw $.01 spade connectors inside :) 
@williewonka 

Thank you! I visited your site last night but didn't see the Helix instructions, which answered all of my questions. Disregard my last question, you already answered it.

So I think I'm going to make the cable with the items I have onhand, as a good practice run. May not even plug it into any audio equipment at first, but since it's my first cable, choose a sacrificial lamb with an IEC connector instead :) If it runs fine for a bit, I'll move on to trying the helix as I build a parts list of the things you mentioned. I have a good set of Klein crimps from my time in audio, and I use Cardas quad-eutectic solder so I think that will be ok? Also recently got a nice soldering station so that will get some use as well.

Mainly I just need to procure some of the Sonar Quest connectors (for the price, I don't feel I need to look further, honestly), and the TFA wire, based on the equipment I need to cable.

Thank you again, and congrats on all your hard work!
Todd
Todd - the Cardas solder is as good as any I mentioned - it will perform well.

BTW: I have been using eutectic solder for the past few months and now prefer it to the silver solder because it hardens quicker, which I think makes for a better joint. The sound has not suffered at all, so it seems to work very well

Like you, I started with bulk cable. Once I tried the Helix geometry I simply "re-purposed" the wires from my Furutech and DH Labs cables as the Live conductors in my Helix Cables - and they worked extremely well  
But it did seem almost "criminal" to cut away all that insulation AND the  braided screen from the Furutech bulk cable.

FYI - the helix neutral and ground wires do provide a very effective screen for the live wire, protecting it from EMI/RFI and limiting the EMI/RFI from the live wire also.

So when you decide to make  Helix cable - re-use the wires inside the bulk cable you purchased

Good luck with your cables - Steve
" There is no logic, reason, or justifictation for not using spades on power cables and in fact use of such terminations can insure a proper connection, contact, and conduction."

You are just adding one more, unnecessary, connection point to the chain. Spades can come loose or break. Speaker cables yes, A/C power cords no, there is no need and no benefit.
@williewonka 

Unless I'm missing something, TFA doesn't seem to have 10 awg Mil Spec silver plated copper cryo treated (I'm finding the others in that category under the Belden name). Have you ordered that from the recently by chance? I can always email them to find out too, that's no big deal.