Turntables

I am kicking the idea of trying out vinyl. It’s been a long time since I had a turntable and it took a lot of thought whether I can deal with what always seemed like the snap, crackle & pops of an album. Anyway, I’ve decided to take a plunge after all the buzz how awesome it is. Of course before I make any final decisions, I always turn to the Audiogon community for their expert thoughts, opinions and education. I’m also looking for suggestions for a nice affordable table with tone arm and cartridge. Being the fact this is new to me and I may hate it, I’m looking for suggestions on the best affordable set up I can do for a new or used in the price range of $1000/$1500. I’m sure I can get a better bang for the buck going used. I just don’t know anything about these animals. My system is older but I still enjoy it which consist of a Mark Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2+6 used for 2 channel audio, Audio Acoustics model 9 speakers, Ayre DAC for digital with Transparent Audio Ultra mm2 cables. Any input is greatly appreciated!
128x128luvrockin
I could be wrong but sounds like you may have 2 problems motor, power supply and cartridge together causing hum. The pops and clicks when no record playing sounds like tonearm ground problem. My table did pop/click while no record playing when my tonearm ground came lose from chassis. I'm not pointing blame but maybe previous own became tired of fighting multiple noise issues. If it was me I would try to return table. Hope your able to resolve issues one way or another.

I am the seller of table in question. I have never had any issues whatsoever.  I have gladly offered to buy the table back.  We listened in my setup then boxed the unit up together.  I treat people how I want to be treated and don't withhold info on anything I sell.  If the issues aren't resolved I will be fully refunding buyer and picking up the unit at his convenience.  Some have reported hum and noise with Rega.  Maybe there's an engineering problem that only manifests in certain environments but in the context of my system on 3 different phono preamps with at least 4 different carts I have never had any problems. 
Gshepard, I thought op bought table at a stereo shop used and was a trade in as he described being able to demo it before purchase. My brother has a Rega and never a problem. Friend I talked to other night bought p6 new from dealer and fought hum for a few weeks before returning it. Im sorry for implying any deliberate wrong doing, I did not mean for it to come across that way. I just felt bad for op trying to get into vinyl with issues with his new purchase.
Paulcreed,   No offense taken:).  Just trying to clear up some things before this thread becomes flame the seller.  I don't know why hum and noise is now present in this scenario.  Hopefully an "aha" moment will occur and we can have a good laugh.  Either way I will take back the table unless buyer wants to keep it and assuming issues are solved. 
I was just able to catch up on these threads at lunch.

@gshepardbuster- you’ve been phenomenal with trying to get the problem rectified and I will continue to try and correct it. I listen to it at your house and I know there were no issues heard that day. I think we both just want it corrected and if we can get to that point, I’d love to keep it.

@paulcreed- Thank you for all the suggestions, lord knows I’ve tried almost everyone of them. Gshepardbuster and I have been trying to figure out and work out the culprit. I am so appreciative to have a AG community with so many seasoned veterans so to speak to lend expertise. 

To all although the seller and myself are trying to work out the plaguing issues, I always throw out test and different things tried so we all can learn and maybe share to the next victim of....”sound issues lol” once I get gone tonight, I’m am going to start poking again. Paulcreed, I think I am going to connect a bastard ground wire from the screw on the head shell/cartridge to the ground on the pre just to test. I’m also going to check humidity levels in my home. Although I have (2) whole hound humidifiers and they’re both working, I want to check the levels. If I recal, the popping and crackling is usually after the needle comes if the LP and I don’t think it pops prior to playing. I have to double check. If so, this would lead me to static? Still have to address the hum issues once and for all as well.