Soundsmith Progression: MIMC Star > Sussurro Mk II

Hey Folks--the discount now available on the Sussurro Mk II has me considering the jump from the MIMC Star. Has anyone made the leap and/or done a direct comparison in their own system and, if so, how would you characterize the difference in performance? Thanks for your input.
dodgealum
Got this a few weeks ago but won't be able to mount on FR64S until arm comes back from rebuild at Ikeda/Japan. Will be mounted to freshly acquired Technics SL1000 MK3.
Would love to read more!
@audioquest4life ,

Although your explanation of your experience was short...it had enough realism to make me want to hear mine even more. Good luck!
I load my Paua at 470. I moved up from the Mimc (non star first version) and I’m quite pleased. Does everything I liked about the mimc up a few notches. 

Peter recommenced I go worh the Paua over the new star version and the sussoro given I wanted to retain some warmth in the sound. 

Would love to hear the new Hyperion one day. 
Congrats on the sussero, looking forward to hearing your impressions.

And if you don’t mind, I’d like to know any thoughts on the Star vs sussero etc since I have a star on the way. From the reviews I’ve read it’s a full, organic, and dynamic cart and not at all bright (though PL has been quoted saying it’s less warm than some others). Any thoughts on diminishing returns as you go up the line would be great. 

Not quite broken in, at 30 hours, but starting to get a taste of the sound, and it’s sweet. When new, I tried the recommended 470 ohms, then 1000, and up from there all the way to 47k....then back 470, this on an Aesthetix IO Signature tube phono stage. All along, The Sussaro had an extraordinarily extended highs, but being still new, a little dry and analytical sounding. Stayed at 470 for a about 10 hours, and while the resolution was excellent, it still seemed to be somewhat shouty, and a just a tad dry. I went to 243 last weekend, and wow...loss of that last bit of dryness and shouty sound, now it’s sounding like it found its groove. Perhaps, the phono XLR (Silver Breeze) cables added a touch too much capacitance, but for now, very Benz LPS like, but with added dimensions, width, and details. So, liking this so far based on the direction it’s going. The stereo separation is way beyond any cartridge I have ever heard in my system, or at trade shows, it is one of its strong points for sure. Listened to the new Stevie Nicks Crystal Visions, Very best greatest hits LP, and it sounded fantastic. Also, played some old school Santana, 45 rpm edition, and it was also great, with cymbals extremely clear. Played a Doobie Brother LP, and the song it keeps you running, is a benchmark song for me, as I play this a lot...man, the spaciousness is incredible, and before, it was already great. This is my first Soundsmith MI cartridge, but for anyone not used to it’s stereo spaciousness, you may be alarmed in a good way, that sound is extending to the far left and right of your speakers. It makes for listening to the same old music sound like a new listen. I will stay settled in a 243 for a while and see what happens after about 10 more hours. Will post a follow up after that.

How about anyone else, what’s been your listening impressions? Eager to hear your experience and to what cartridge you compared with or replaced.

Ciao