Nottingham Spacedeck vs Rega Planar 8 vs Technics SL1200G

Hey Everyone,

An analogue newbie needs your advice.

Firstly I am not looking for any TT recommendations other than these 3.

My system is Devore O96, and the amplification would be either Lyngdorf 3400/Coincident Frankenstein combo or a Shindo pre/amp combo (forthcoming). The phono stage is TBD.

The sound I like is rich, full-bodied, with a good bass (I love percussion, and the double-bass instrument and  Mingus is my fav jazz artist). I am very sensitive to even a hint of brightness. I don't care about the typical audiophile presentation -- gobs of detail and soundstage but no soul.

My music of choice is jazz, vocals and small-scale instrumentals. No rock, no pop, no western classical.

Would love your thoughts on these 3 choices.

Since I am a newbie, easy setup is big win, which might tilt me towards the Rega or Technics, but with Nottingham I have a great dealer support that I would completely miss out on if I went with Technics (no Technics dealer in a 5000 mile radius).

I used to own a Rega RP6, so am familiar with Rega sound, and like it. But my RP6 was bested by my DAC (AMR DP-777) so sold it a few years ago. So I want a TT that will compete with any sub-10000$ DAC.

Looking forward to your thoughts that will help me scratch my analog itch.

essrand
Read of lots of people using 10 inch vinyl as a mat, it's not uncommon although I have never tried it yet.
@fsmithjack

I know that you are a big Bricasti M1 fan.

How does your P8/Apheta compare to your Bricasti?

My Rega RP6 was almost bested by my DAC (AMR DP-777). So decided to move on from Rega and wanna try NA this time.
essrand 

Yes hello again - I am huge Bricasti fan. Thanks

I just set the table up the other night and it was super easy to set up which was great. 

I don't have my phonostage yet so its for now it is just a display :) 

I bought it last week from the nicest person I have ever done a deal with.

The phonostage I bought takes 2 IEC power cables so I bought the phonostage and 2 ac cables and a pair of interconnects from him for an awesome deal. 

Sutherland Engineering Duo Phonostage
(2) Audience Au24se Power Cables
Audioquest Fire RCA Interconnects. 

I will update you when it lands. I so hope I like this analogue set up enough that I will want to listen to it. I know what you mean with today's really good digital can be tough vs just pretty good analogue.  

Should be all set up later this week or earlier next week. He was not only the nicest guy I ever did a deal with but his prices were better also. Here is his info if anyone wants any gear.
http://www.sonarecoeli.com/

He hooked me up. 
Many Nottingham Spacedeck owners use Boston Audio Mat -1 graphite record mat. Including me. The company is out of business, I think, but you might be able to find it here or on usaudiomart or ebay, I saw it once.