Hi-Fi Power Conditioner ?

Guys,

I ready to dump my Panamax line conditioner for a real PC and need some pointers on which one to buy? $2K is definitely out of the question, this will be used for my Belles 150A Ref Amp, Tube pre, Dac, Transport, Plasma, DVD and VCR. Used is a good option.

Thanks,
Wig
128x128wig
I agree with Macdadtexas. I also own an APC S15 power conditioner and it is the best purchase I have made in many months. You don't want a blackout damaging something in your system. And the sound is good too! Priceless is not an exaggeration.
A third for the APC units. I have had the S10 since the month it was introduced on the market, and it both protects my equipment and manages not to do anything audibly negative to the sound of my system. Until last year the unit protected not only my stereo but all my home theater components as well.

I once read a review of the APC "S" series that mocked other power conditioners whose owner's manuals intructed the user to unplug the power conditioner during storms. That was quite hilarious - due to both the jab and the fact that someone would make a power conditioner that wasn't safe during a storm.

At any rate, the APC unit is fantastic, and with it you can rest assured your equipment is about as protected as it can be from nasties coming over the power lines.
Furutech e-TP80 AC Power Filter. Great filtering, no protection. Priced right(less than $600?). I have used used 3 of them, in two systems, for years.
Hey Y'all,

Here’s a third vote for the BPT. I've had the 2.5 in my system for the last 6 years and it is the only piece of equipment left of the system I originally had when I purchased it. It made the sound come alive and it has saved my system on two occasions from being cooked by lightning. I went from PS Audio to Richard Gray to the BPT and I will not change again.......John