Buying late model Samsung DLP rear projection TV?

Is it worth considering buying a late model slim Samsung DLP rear projection TV on the used market? Flat panel TVs are coming down in price, but a used DLP is still cheaper. I am aware that a new bulb will cost $150.
128x128mjcmt
Mjcmt -
I did check out the view from different angles along the horizontal...I'd say if anything, the 140 degree optimum is maybe a little conservative. I didn't have a protractor or anything - but you have to be way off axis before you notice any darkening of the picture. If you decide DLP is the to go for you, you should also check out Mitsubishi. They had just introduced a laser-powered DLP when we got the Samsung with LED. I haven't kept up with things so don't know how successful that was. Search the net and read reviews. I did find some helpful info on CNET. Most importantly, visit Best Buy and other retailers and see what looks good to you. By the way, we generally don't go for extended warranties or service plans but the Samsung LED was relatively new and I did hedge my bet and got one when I purchased at Best Buy. Spreading payment with no interest over 3 years, it was a minimal increase in cost. If you go LCD, you might be interested to know Samsung mftrs. the screens for Sony (at least that's what we were told at the time).
My Samsung DLP is about 4 and 1/2 years old, works great and I have never had to replace bulb. Use TV every day for a few hours.

Neal