Genelec SAM active studio monitors for home use

https://www.genelec.com/studio-monitors/sam-coaxial-studio-monitors

Wondering if anyone has experience with Genelec SAM monitors in their home. They are meant for near field listening, but I wonder if they can fill a room if seated 8-10 feet away. These speakers have room correction and coaxial design. On paper it seem very promising. Please share any first hand experience. Not looking for opinions, but first hand demos in store or feedback from owners. 

My last post on this forum was a disaster. Giving it another try. Mentioning it just in case the same trolls strike again.
rohanstevens
@gosta,

great to know from you first hand experience.  The 8331 were driven digitally or with some DAC?. 

I've been looking at the specs of your  Unity Audio Boulders MKII, and truly they are monsters. To find something better, you'll probably need some big package, at the very least the 8341, as you mentioned, or some big active ATC. 

@gosta

I think one of the advantages of something like the Genelec 8331 is that you can run your own target curve with the room correction software they have.

With a speaker that has uniform dispersion like the Genelecs EQ should affect the sound uniformly around the room rather than at just 1 measuring location. Whereas with speakers that have directivity issues EQ at the measurement location can mean a worse response somewhere else.
Please note that my first impression of the Genelecs 8331 was a quick one, not in my room and not set up by me. So if you are interested in these don't let my words scare you away. But I do mean that the 8341s is probably the one's you should try to if you like me want the possibility to crank the volume up sometimes and/or you will be sitting further away from the monitors.

@ sesdiamond 
After some manual setting I may very well be able to control the bass to my liking. However, I read that the GLM software does only small adjustments and you can't do that many manual corrections. I'm used to room correction systems like Lyngdorf, Arc2, Antimode 2.0, Sonarworks and have them for cleaning up the bass/mid. Unfortunately I find that, to my hearing, they all present to much low bass after calibration. Fine bass but to much! I read somewhere that Lyngdorf actually admits this and say that their in-built correction curve "Open" is the flat one. With the correction active I thought the Genelecs played so heavy bass that you didn't really hear the the mids (I'm exaggerating, but....). Not the bass I want and for this money I want it to be very close to perfect from start.

@cortes 
Nice looking up my speakers! Bought them from a studio in London last year when they moved further up to the Kii three. Bought them instead of Genelec 1037a SAM. Not sure I made the right decision, but the Gen's were too big. I mean it's a desk top system :-). Amongst others I have the ATC 150 ASL for main system. Havn't compared the Boulders and the ATC side-by-side but they are not too far away. Need an Antimode 2.0 to control the bass from the Boulders, otherwise it will overpower my working room. Also to clean up the bass/mid. Works fine. 

I don't have the Genelec SAM monitors, rather the 8040B's first hand. Very pleasing experience and quite satisfied with them, it would be interesting to see what differences one could hear (if better) when it comes to the Genelec 8351's but I don't know, certainly the 8040s are a lot cheaper and worth the money.

I own Genelec 8050b's and I love them. Very natural (un-coloured) with terrific bass.

The Ones are on another level and well out of my price range.