Bright or Dim?

Have you ever noticed that when listening to music in your listening area that music seems to sound better with the lights down? To me there is a rather noticeable difference. Could be just in my mind because that's how I like to listen, or is it something more biological/scientific than that?  Could it be that the lessoning of one sense enhances the other? Maybe it's just me. Anyway I thought I would see if anyone else has the same experience. Im sure if there is an actual reason for this phenomena, that someone on this forum will have the answer :) 
barnettk
@elizabeth 

Hey Elizabeth. This is a little off topic but question for you. You say you listen to music all day and all night. So do you turn on your system on in the morning and leave it on all day until you go to bed even when you run out for an errand? Just curious. I turn my system on and leave  it on all day. I only turn it off if I know i'm either not going to listen that day or I know I will be gone most of the day. Im sure that has been a topic of discussion someplace on this forum but thought I would sneak a quick off topic question in. Im sure this could be a topic all by itself. 
Post removed