Is it all in my head??

So I bought a Kimber Power Kord...  yeah, yeah, but it looks prettier than stock, is well built, and having built all my cables myself I appreciated the craftsmanship.

...so, I'm playing an Everest LP--symphony stuff.. and it always sounded noisy and muffled (which is why i decided to give it a spin).  The power cable is plugged into my furman conditioner, and all the other cables are the same.  I swear this LP sounds more "untangled" now (that's the best way i can describe it).

I am an engineer and know intellectually this makes zero sense--is it some confirmation bias?  How can it be.. i didnt buy it expecting a sonic impact, i bought it because i couldn't make one that looks as cool (think of it as a necklace for my rig).  But I swear I think i hear a difference...  tell me it's all in my head.
waltertexas
Post removed 
@prof : I came to this conclusion after hearing the entire system perform as a whole.  When I say everything matters, I mean everything in the room, including the room itself, diffusers, the exact speaker placement, chair placement, isolation racks, (and yes, even the cables).  It seems to have taken everything involved to create the detailed images I "saw" with my ears.  In fact, I couldn't even hear sound from the speakers when sitting in the listening position!  It was as if those speakers weren't making the sound and it was coming from a different dimension right above the amplifiers.  I cant even describe it, but i would guess if you went switching things all around, the portal to where the music was coming from would be closed and the sound would just come from the speakers (if that makes any sense).
Thanks @waltertexas

Again, that’s in incredible sounding system you heard.

As for the type of dimensionality and sonic “dissapearing” of the speakers - that’s something I’ve always favoured myself, and my speaker choices reflect it. I regularly get that effect from my Thiel, Waveform and especially my MBL omni speakers - an amazing dimensional sound field that seem utterly detached from the speakers. It even happens pretty easily with my little Spendor 3/5s.

All it really takes is decent speaker positioning. I tend to have my speakers well out from the back wall and closer to the listening position. Friends, including fellow audiophiles have described the sensation of hearing my systems as “spooky real” and are generally amazed.

BTW, this didn’t take any aftermarket power cables or expensive high end speaker cables/interconnects to achieve :)
Just good speakers and decent care for acoustics and positioning.

Cheers.
Some folks like those MBL Speakers. I don’t. I guess tastes vary. In fact I had the misfortune to be in the exhibit at CES right next to the MBL Room. Thump, thump, thump all day long. I did take the opportunity at some point to go next door to see what all the fuss was about. But I had to leave right away. The MBLs look impressive, I’ll give you that. Would an aftermarket power cord helped? Difficult to say, but it probably couldn’t have hurt. 

Seasons greetings! 🎄
Post removed