Bright or Dim?

Have you ever noticed that when listening to music in your listening area that music seems to sound better with the lights down? To me there is a rather noticeable difference. Could be just in my mind because that's how I like to listen, or is it something more biological/scientific than that?  Could it be that the lessoning of one sense enhances the other? Maybe it's just me. Anyway I thought I would see if anyone else has the same experience. Im sure if there is an actual reason for this phenomena, that someone on this forum will have the answer :) 
barnettk
All my serious listening is done with the lights dimmed, I believe it frees your brain up a bit not having to be distracted by your visual.
Music is definitely a better experience in the dark.It helps create the illusion that it's real(not Memorex:)
@tooblue I totally agree because there is definitely a difference to me. However my car also seems to ride better when it clean lol. I know that’s  more of a psychological thing, but when it comes to this it seems to be more of an actual change. 
It’s psychosomatic.

I have a tall lamp right by my listening chair. It has two bulbs, one ordinary white bulb and one blue bulb (available at Home Depot). For listening sessions, I have the blue bulb lit only. It sets a good mood for music listening and the music really seems to sound better that way. Bright lights distract. The blue light slightly saturates the room and draws you into the music.

Frank