Speakers for a small room

I am looking to build a list. What would you say are the best speakers for a small room? Why? Price is up to 6.5k new or used. Room is 11ft x 16ft with 7ft10 ceilings. Thanks! 

Related info: amp is pass labs xa30.8. 
ostrey93
My room is dedicated to listening. It’s large enough for the equipment, record storage, a small computer and desk (which is used for digitizing and storage) and a chair. The walls are decorated with nothing but acoustic foam. I don’t need a sub with the ATC SCM 19s they give me plenty of bass without one.When listening near field it is not necessary for one, I am able to hear everything on the record clearly with excellent timbre and sound stage.
Rollin
Elac makes some very nice bookshelf speakers.  Take a minute to look them over...
jhv
@bigddesign3 My current speakers are actually small towers (Tannoy Precision 6.2 LE) so I am sure towers work in my space but I know for a fact that not all towers will. EG. the Focal Aria 936's did not work in my space, they needed more room. I will look into those Martin Logans, they look interesting, they have nice high sensitivity as well, the same with the Spendors that were mentioned earlier on. As for the suggestions about subs I completely agree, REL or nothing. 
I recently purchased a pair of Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE , and I am very happy with the sound of these speakers in my small living room. They are efficient and have great mid range and non sibilant highs.They can be purchased online for $298 a pair plus shipping and are nicely built.
No ATCs (not even the SCM7) will give their best with only 30w behind them. You'd want something closer to 90db sensitivity, I'd think. Maybe a slim floorstander would suit. I'd go to take your amp to some dealers and listen to various things with those kind of specs.