Magico A3

Finally a set of Magicos that seem worth the price (to me):

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/12/new-magico-a3-speakers-photos-and-info.html

I'd love to hear these.
nitewulf
isn't the sopra 2 twice as much as the A3? Having had such bad luck buying speakers after being bowled over at the shop to having them fall on their face once home. I demoed the C60 in the same room with the same gear with Jamie helping me select tunes I was smitten with that speaker and he wouldn't let me pursue the purchase! That was feb 2018 and the A3 was due to come out soon and he told me if I was shopping in that range I really needed to wait til the A3 came out b4 I bought any speakers.
Hey Steve, small world...  Yes, to be fair the retail price of the Sopra's is 15K.  I went into the demo super excited because I kept hearing the A3's punch well above there price, and unfortunately I just wasn't wow'd.  I walked away underwhelmed, and that's okay because there are a lot of great options out there in the 10 - 15K range.  Now if I had 22K, the Magico S3 MKII would be at the top of my list. Jamie's a good guy and I really wanted to give him the business.  You should go listen to those TAD's he's selling off.  They were impressive, 30K speaker for less than half the price...
Without commenting on the sound, and focusing on buyers preferences, the A3 is outselling everything near its the price point of $9800. By a factor of 6 or 7 to one. We have had customers wait as long as 6 months to get a pair. And we have outsold the supply. Though the supply has begun to catch up and we can now deliver on most sales asap.
This is the buying public speaker with their dollars. 
I am a fan of A3 too. I'm selling my other gear to finance purchase. Seems the review at Soundstage Ultra mirrors what I heard with a short demo at dealers. The dealer was using Hegel 390. It's weird someone says treble was agressive! I never heard Sopra 2 so I can't comment but I did hear Kanta 2 and from quick listen speaker is leaner and not as coherent and lacks air compared to A3!
For that price I would rather get the monitor audio Platinum 200 Gen 2 which look about a million times better and sound just as good or better.