Does a ripped cd onto a digital format sound better than the cd played on the cdp

the title says it all. if i rip my collection onto a sever will it increase SQ? dumb question i am sure but here i am. if the digital system is above average will it make the sound better?
128x128veroman
I was suprised how much better CD's  sounded after ripping to a music server vs from a CD player's digital output both going thru the same DAC. 
@cogito1965,

Have you listened to setups like described above? If so, what did you hear? If not, well...Cheers,
Spencer
Building a computer based system can be a relatively complex undertaking, more variables than disc spinners. Follow expert guidance, every single variable can be optimized. For instance, I use linear power supplies on every piece in this system, high quality cabling, usb renderer, optical conversion of ethernet. Optimize everything and you'll never look back. And then there is the advantage of a whole new world of music available to you via Tidal, soon Qobuz, also hi-rez downloads. I've been into audio for over forty years, this is the golden age, never so much music so easily accessible!
Roon sends ripped, downloaded, and Tidal files via ethernet to an Ayre QX-5/20 digital hub and I sit with an iPad selecting what I want to hear.  The sound is superb, e.g., the DSD download of "Time Out" from Acoustic Sounds seems to sound a bit better than the SACD played on my beloved Ayre C-5xeMP.  I've been an audio enthusiast since the early 50s, and this really does seem to be a golden age.