Anybody else using AV880x as 2 channel preamp?

I am, and I’m happy. I had been using my Cambridge 851N as a digital preamp, streamer, and DAC for my Marantz SA8004. I wanted to add a tv to the mix, and found a Marantz AV8801 at a good price. I’m using it as a 2 channel preamp and it sounds (slightly) better than the Cambridge. Anybody else using a multi channel AV processor for two channel and liking it?
tomaswv
What are you trying to accomplish here? Are you trying to add a dedicated stereo preamp with HT bypass for your 2ch music listening into the mix? 
I am sending the two channel signal through the AV 8801–using it as my preamp, two channel.  To my ears, sounds as good or better than when I used the Cambridge network player as the preamp. Wondering if anyone else have done the same thing. Not trying to add a dedicated two channel preamp. 
I used my AV8801 for two channel listening for quite a while, then added a Modwright LS100 preamp with HTBP.  Wish I would have done that a long time ago, I didn't realize how much of the music I was missing with the AV8801.  Not that it sounded bad by any measure, but it doesn't let the details through in the way the Modwright does.