Nature of the current used speaker market

What do you think of the current market for used speakers above the $6,000 price point?  It seems to me like the market is soft, really soft, since I keep seeing the same speakers posted for sale over and over again by the same seller.  And these are top flight speakers from solid manufacturers such as Focal, B&W, Rockport, Sonus Faber, etc.  Does this mean the number of audiophiles and audio enthusiasts is on the wane, or is there just a glut of used speakers for sale out there? 
mtrot
@tomic601 they were model 5s Probably retail was between $10.5 and $14K depending on the year. So the $6K asking price may have been a little high or on target. For my personal tastes, I don’t want a high end speaker (I am guessing they would be considered high end in most peoples opinion), that was altered in anyway. There is a pair of 5A’s for sale now and the guy grounded down the sub-woofer power amp so that he could get a larger AC plug in there. That's not what I want even for the price. Just Saying.

Used speaker market is inversely proportional to the size of the speaker.

Large speakers have to cost less in the used market because of shipping concerns.  

Small speakers (even high end) sell more quickly.

The lust for high end audio will never cease; when compared to "mid fi", it's no contest. On the used market, high end audio is well priced, but many people who are lusting for the equipment, just do not have the money, but the sellers are not going to give it away.
IMO the demographics for high end goods is not promising. As an avid reader of Audiogon I get the distinct impression the majority of participants are retirees. I don’t see the generations following ours as buyers of 5 foot towers or 70 lb monoblocks. When I entered the market over 50 years ago everything was big, now the opposite is true. An idle thought. 
The generation following me, is still living with me; not that I mind, but this is not what he intended.