Thoughts on VTA......

I have read countless posts where members are spending hours on exacting setup of their VTA with varying levels of tools.

Then there is another camp who set by ear.

My thoughts/questions on this subject arise from vinyl thickness difference.

Surely going from a flimsy flier early 70,s vinyl to a later 180 or even 200gm issue is going to change that painstakingly set VTA considerably.

So thoughts rattling round is why go to all that trouble when it IS going to change depending on the vinyl played?

To my mind it would appear that one of the arms that includes on the fly VTA adjustment would be the answer.

Your opinions or suggestions?
128x128uberwaltz

VTA must not be that important, because Rega does not provide an adjustment for it; not even on their top model, the RP10.

I am ever so delighted with my Rega, and consider VTA just one less thing I have to contend with.

Post removed 

The Reed 3P tonearm has azimuth adjust on the fly, which was one of the reasons I bought one. All other parameters are adjustable OTF as well. Here's a link to a video of the azimuth being adjusted OTF

https://youtu.be/STaLd7p4HoM

Dear @cleeds : Did you already do it what I said in my post about?, just do it with that tiny level at the headshell and make a significant up and down VTA/SRA changes for you can see that " characteristic ". If you made tiny tiny VTA/SRA changes you can't detect it.

We have to do it to attest it or not attest it.

R.
Dear @orpheus10 : "  VTA must not be that important, .."

For Rega and for you it's not but for the MUSIC any one ( including you. ) is listening through a home audio system certainly is important and critical adjustement set up parameter.

What you think or what Rega thinks is totally uninportant and useless to say the least.

R.