What’s wrong with Diana Krall?

Just wondering if anybody else saw Diana Krall on tour this past summer. I had been a very big fan and had previously seen her live years ago in San Francisco and Tampa/St. Pete. My recollection was that she was amazing in concert...she played flawlessly, she was engaging, and her ensemble was very tight. However, I took my wife to see her this past June in Memphis...man what a disappointment. First, they were 20 minutes late hitting the stage. Diana seemed like she was under some chemical influence...she mumbled her requisite bon mots to no one in particular, forgot lyrics to some songs (!), and basically took most of the night off, letting her bandmates do an extended jam session with lengthy solos on every song! Looking at customer reviews from her performances at other venues, this had apparently been going on for quite some time. Her whole set, including a halfhearted encore, was only about an hour. God, I hope she is ok and pulls herself together...what a terrible waste if she can’t.
jtkmd1
n80, Few classical music lovers would think jazz bad taste , many are jazz fans themselves .Most I know think of rock as bad to horrible taste . They don't hate people who love rock, they pity them . It's pitiful to watch a half dozen
guys well into their 60's argue about which Metal Band was the greatest as I did at audio society meeting recently .
There are always exceptions , forces of nature that defy the general , such as Van Morrison , Johnny Cash , Ray Charles ,etc . .

@ rannyring
I always thought of Van Morrison as one of the greats. Between LPs and CDs, I have nearly all of his recordings and love them all.
I can't imagine anyone, with a nice system, who could kick back with a smooth drink and listen to "These Are The Days" (last track on Avalon Sunset) and not be moved.........Jim
@schubert......Back when 8 track was still the big thing, I was the only kid in the clan to have, in my collection of tapes, an assortment of - Cream, Blind Faith, The Stones, Dean Martin and Benny Goodman. Go figure - I still like em all.......Jim
I have been a DK fan for as long as I can remember.  Pretty sure I have every CD.  Some are better than others.

I never understood the Elvis Costello thing.

I saw her in June at the Smart Center in Sugarland (Houston).  I paid a premium for seats on the 6th or 7th row.  Great new venue, by the way.  I thought she was very good.  Not great, but still quite enjoyable.

I agree that there were entirely too man extended improvisations by the other band members.  They are all very talented, but they are not the reason I was there.

She also flubbed a few lyrics on some of the up-tempo songs.  She was personable between songs, but she must be ADHD, because she had trouble finishing a though without getting off-track.

Bottom line, she's a very talented human. 

Sorry OP's experience didn't meet expectations.  Mine were.
Mystic Eyes is one of my early favourites of Van Morrison!

also liked his Georgie Fame collaboration a lot.

as usual Bdp24 shows the extreme depth of his wisdom when it comes to anything music related!