Best bookshelf speakers

I’m building my first high fi system after being more of a portable audio person. I want to start with the speakers. Space is limited so bookshelf speakers are a must.

Preferences:
Balanced and revealing with a hint of warmth.
Midrange most important to get right over highs and lows
Timbre is super important - I listen mostly to acoustic music especially jazz
But I do need some bass as I also listen to some electronic music
Smaller is better but SQ is most important
A speaker that sounds good with different amps but also scalable with high quality sources
Wide sweet spot - I wont have money for a great amp at first but want them to be scalable for later

These speakers have caught my eyes - any thoughts on them?

Ascend Sierra 2s - Ribbon = dispersion limitations?
BMR Philharmonitor - See above. Also massive.
Buchardt S400/S300 - Wary of the sudden hype train and limited info
Silverline Minuet Grande - Limited info
Reference 3A De Capo - This caught my eye as a potential endgame speaker if I could blow up my budget a little. But concerns about BE tweeter as well as some potential snake oil stuff (cryogenic treatment (!?)), exaggerated sensitivity claims and wonky measurements put me off.

What else should I be looking at?

Edit: I could have sworn I had <$2,000 in the title... Anyway, my budget is 2k.

stuff_jones
Given the range of costs of the speakers you mention and especially  your preferences:

" Balanced and revealing with a hint of warmth.
Midrange most important to get right over highs and lows
Timbre is super important - I listen mostly to acoustic music especially jazz
But I do need some bass as I also listen to some electronic music
Smaller is better but SQ is most important"

Seriously take a look at the Omega Super Alnico Monitor.  Midrange is just beautiful; timbre is outstanding - acoustic music (including jazz) is wonderfully rendered; not the deepest bass but more than enough (enough to enjoy a Mahler symphony or the National). Slightly bigger than  your other choices, but in the ballpark of the choices you listed.  I selected these over Harbeth 30.1s after some lengthy, in home, auditioning.  Includes a 30-day money back guarantee, thoughts of which completely vanished once the speakers adequately broken in.  These replaced my Spendor BC-1s and Spendor s5e.

https://omegaloudspeakers.com/collections/monitor-speakers/products/super-alnico-monitor?variant=321...

@ihor I looked at the Omegas - I love the idea of simplicity and midrange purity. But I heard the single driver struggles with more complex music - is that true?

Just a general observation - why are speaker demos usually done with really simple music? Like this, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1LFGvRtPlw
I think folks who have not heard well designed single driver speakers say that.  Not sure what you consider complex music.  I listen to a wide variety of music, including jazz (small groups, not Big Band), Americana, alt and classic rock, the full range of classical (solo piano to string quartets to concertos and symphonies) and very few times felt that the Omegas were struggling.(sounding a bit congested).  That was when I really cranked up the volume LOUD.  The Omega's produce quite a startle on Starvinsky's Rite of Spring!  If you are willing to give their 30 day return policy a try, and let them break in fully, you will be very pleasantly surprised and completely satisfied - their midrange and timbre are hard to beat, especially at their price!  I think the youtube demo is trying to show how fantastic they sound with small combo's and the human voice, and not because they can't handle more complex music.
I have Silverline Minuet Supreme Plus speakers.  Hard to go wrong with them--great all rounders in a small package.  Very easy to place. 

But I think the Omega's look great too!
BTW.  I only have experience with the Omega Super Alnico Monitor, so my comments only apply to that speaker.  My Omega's are along the narrow wall of a 17x25x9 ft room which is open on the side and opposite wall.