Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
Another point:  The quality of the transport has a definite bearing on  the ultimate  sound produced when we’re comparing.
Different transports have different qualities.
In the comparison between transport and stream there are variables.
rvpiano

Will do for the DAGIO. 

I agree the quality of the spinner has a definite bearing. I have a Bryston BCD-3 that  IMO, extracts the ultimate from my CDs. 
rvpiano, LPS stands for linear power supply. The idea is they can be an upgrade from the standard, cheap switching power supplies normally included with many devices from the factory. 

Good thread. I'd like to upgrade my streaming equipment at some point but don't want to spend a fortune on pieces which might not offer much bang for the buck. Best of luck!
I looked at many high quality LPS’s which were in the $400+ range. I didn’t want to spend that much, so I took to the archives.
Good user reviews for Swagman Labs (based in Hong Kong). I purchased the SIGNATURE EDITION which has all upgraded parts and a 50VA toroidal transformer. Price was $280 and it is built for digital devices.

I liked the fast and detailed info from Swagman when contacted before my purchase.