Opinions on Full-Range/single driver speakers

I am considering a DIY project to build a pair of single driver speakers. My current idea is to put Jordan JX9s into Transmission line cabinets. I am a competent woodworker and there are lots of plans on the internet.

I do really value the opinions of you audiogon members out there with lots of listening experience so I am curious what your opinions are on single driver speakers. If you can also comment on wide-baffle versus narrow baffle designs, that would be helpful.

My front end is a Monarchy tube DAC 25 with Matsushista tubes and DIP Classic, coupled to an AYRE DX7E, all interconnects and cables are DIY magnet wire. I am currently using Green Mountain Europa's and a modified Paradigm subwoofer.

After enjoying GMA's and experiencing time/phase coherent sound, I started looking at other options for coherent systems. It seems the simplest design is a good full range driver (no whiffle cone) in a TL or QWL cabinet.

So your opinions are appreciated. I would prefer if you did not advise me to purchase your favorite speaker as that is not the type of information I am seeking.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Drew.
drewh1
I should have clarified when I said I don't want opinions, what I was hoping to avoid were things like - buy the magnepans, get the B&W 803's, etc.

I would like to hear opinions on drivers and especially comparisons with other systems and solutions.

didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers!
Buconero, Tannoys have concentric drivers (tweeter in the throat, etc.) but not single drivers. I think they share some advantages of single drivers but not all.
Thanks for clarifying; I mis-took the phrase "that is not the type of information I am seeking" to be referring to our favorite speakers.

My favorite fullrange driver is the 8" Supravox field-coil unit. One feature is that you can fine-tune the magnet strength to your specific application (lower voltage to the electromagnet = lower efficiency, more bass, and less highs; and vice versa). Some of the best if not the best imaging I've ever heard was from a pair of these speakers in the factory recommended folded reverse-taper line, and they weren't a one-trick pony either; timbre was beautiful and coherence predictably superb.

Now I have not heard the new Seas alnico-magnet fullrange drivers, but a manufacturer I respect a great deal, John Kalinowski, is very impressed with it.

I worked with the Jordans you're contemplating but in the end concluded I was more likely to get the results I wanted from a two-way system.

Wide-baffle vs narrow baffle is a tradeoff of disappearing act vs tonal balance. I lean towards wide-baffle speakers, but my priorities may be different from yours.

Duke
"Buy my favorite speakers - you will be happy" , he said as he unruffled his feathers.

My experience is with Fostex and Lowther drivers both of which had magical qualities with vocals and midrange but I never could get around the lack of performance at frequency extremes. Bass never really sounded taut, low and clean while highs could be missed if you were not positioned just so. Highs also lacked that airy shimmer great tweeters produce. I moved on after a time and have not had the urge to try again.

My .02 + feathers.
Decware has some interesting designs and drivers you might find interesting