Great old speakers that are as good as new ones

I have some psb stratus golds now and i really like them but they are pretty old now. Still sound great though. What are the best speakers have you owned or heard that are old like my golds that are reasonably priced today. Im thinking under 1500. thanx for any info. Kevin
flyin2jz
Dayton Wright LSM-1's...similar design to the Spica 50's, but a different type of driver, I believe it was gas-filled or something, the CRS has kicked in (Can't remmeber sh*t)...still listen to them in a second system and they sound as good as ever.

these aren't the electrostat design that they were famous for, something less expensive for the masses.
Dunlavy's in general would proabably hold up well compared with a lot being sold today.
Celestion SL-700
Spica TC-50

As far as Hawthorne Stereo is concerned, they sold me a pair of Rogers LS 3/5a speakers with one of the midrange drivers replaced with a generic unit.
Most Acoustat speakers. Under 1000 $ used but you have to be fast when they appear on sale. Will last forever. Can be refurbished at very modest prices.