Sonographe SL-21 speakers

I am not really asking a question on these speakers, since I may have had the only pair in the whole country. I just want to make a few comments on these fantastic little speakers.

I purchased these speakers by chance, I heard about them and drooled over them in the late 80's, but I could not afford any high end gear at that time.

After spending hours searching up and down on the internet, I couldn't find diddly-squat on these speakers, but there are no shortage of info for the Sonographe SA-120 and the SP-1, even the SG-3 is mentioned quite a bit on the net, that really makes me sick.

Anyway, the SL-21 has very attractive real oak veneer, the front and back are sloped, hence involved some time-align design, but like I said, I could not find anything on them. Even when I called C-J, the guy named Ed who handled vintage C-J equipment couldn't tell me a whole lot about them, at least Sota could tell me quite a bit about the SG-3 for crying out loud.

The SL-21 has very wide soundstage and solid bass for it's size, 6.5" woofer and 1" soft dome tweeter, and a 1" port in the front baffle, they also have very nice midrange. The speakers virtally disappear from the room while playing, that proves these speaker are well designed. During the knuckle test, I heard no cabinet echo or resonance, very solidly built, that tells me they are well damped inside.

If anyone who know about them, please charm in. These may be the only pair that left in the country, and they are not for sale.
sovtek6922
You may have one of two pairs in the US and I'm sure there are others. I bought mine from a dealer in Tucson many years ago. The dealer quit bringing them in because everytime someone heard them compared to his big expensive speakers they ended up buying the CJ's. a great little speaker.
I have never heard of the synthesis speaker by CJ, but as far as CJ's keeping their speakers a secret that's very interesting.

I would very much like to learn more about the technical aspect of the SL-21, like who were the designers, were the folks at Sonographe, or the folks at CJ? What components did they use, and the crossover design?

My SL-21s front grills are long gone, however, my 1988 Audio magazine advertisment with the picture of the SL-21 didn't show any front grill, the Audio Annual Buyers Guide said the SL-21 grills were optional.

Can anyone tell me if your SL-21 came with front grills? If so, what do they look like, and are they easy to make?

I'm guessing that c-j's direct involvement with the "synthesis" line might have been some what limited.
Post removed 
Sota made similar looking speaker once upon a time. I am wondering if they had a hand in the Sonographe SL-21, after all I think they designed the Sonographe SG-3 turntable.