Can I use an isolation stand with an isolation pad?

I bought a 5.1 surround sound system recently, and got an IsoAccoustics isolation stand for my subwoofer. Unfortunately my neighbor below me can hear the bass if I'm watching a loud movie (in a condo, hardwood floors). I'm wondering if I should buy an isolation pad - like the Auralex Subdude HT - for under the stand, or if there might be a better approach? The music store I went to steered me away from isolation pads and towards the stand, but it's clearly not doing enough on its own. Thanks to anyone with advice!

dantengwen
Whoa! You are good at the back and forth. Very ouch! I might have underestimated you. ๐Ÿ™„
geoffkait,

"Are you channeling glubson?"
I am not that influential, but I will take a compliment.

"I might have underestimated you. ๐Ÿ™„"
You seem to underestimate just about everyone. Except yourself. That is where you overestimate.
The material that precision compression springs from McMaster-Carr are made of is.....Music-wire steel.

n80 may actually know which springs to choose after all.

(n80: 1, geoffkait: 0) (again)
While itโ€™s admirable that newbies support each other, it very touching ๐Ÿ˜ข, this isolation spring kerfuffle is probably just a case of even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while. Instant expert syndrome. ๐Ÿค—
Getting back to the question posed by the OP for a moment the general answer is no, you should not (rpt not) use two isolation devices in series, only under special conditions. It would be like driving a car down the road with two shock absorbers connected in series to the wheels. The shock absorbers would interfere with each other and the ride would be extremely bumpy. Is is possible to construct a dual layer mass on spring isolation platform, I actually sell one, the Nirvana. But itโ€™s tricky. The most straightforward solution for SQ would be to put cones under the stand.ย