What is the most dramatic way of increasing a speaker's Bass and Low mid?

Hi-

I am wondering what would give the most dramatic increase in bass and low mid projection/Volume, even on account of accuracy ...

My speakers can go down to 28hz but i need to boost it’s level, not frequency extension. They are 2 way with bass reflex port. 6.5" woofer size and a tweeter. Floor standing.

My floor is old hardwood strips.

placement and coupling methods are the first things that come to mind. I do not want to add an equalizer at this point.

Spikes, footers, concrete platform, direct floor flush contact? anything and everything that YOU know works.
Speculations on untested methods are not needed as i need real life experience from people.

Thanks!
Rea

128x128dumbeat
My ATC 25ASL Pro at my recording studio have a 7" Woofer with low mid and bass to die for- HUGE... And they are reference speakers- not some Hyped up Cheapos (probably the most proven and used in the industry)... So i must conclude Its the voicing not the size.
You may be talking about Subs.. for that you need a bigger driver for sure.

dumbeat, I respect your choice, and I'm happy that we are chatting rather than flaming each other. Much better fun in audio forum participation! :)

Duke and I know each other; he is a respected speaker designer. He does a distributed array of subs that has met with critical acclaim called Swarm, well regarded.

No doubt doing what you plan with biamping would make a sizable difference and very likely allow you to achieve your goal, at least mostly. The question I would ask myself is, would the cost associated with doing bi-amping any given speaker be less productive than seeking a different speaker. Yes, I know, a maddeningly nebulous question without a direct answer. I'm guessing you have asked that, however.

I have Benchmark Audio AHB2 amps in Mono mode right now running a small tower with 6.5" mid/woof. Never enough power... ;)

Hey- Suerly chatting- never flaming. Sometimes there is a "venting" mood, but that's neglectable;)  I appreciate your participation.

As far as Bi-Amping, here is the thing- These Merlins are total magic in certain respects that im afraid to lose at this point.
To remedy what i consider their weak point(Low Mid and bass fullness) would be ideal for me, so maybe bi amping would do it, 
Selling and buying speakers until i find the right one might be too costly and cumbersome(shipping speakers!!)... So i think id like to try that little $150 EQ first, then, if that screws up the phase(which EQ's can do) ill try Bi Amping in order to control the woofer and tweeter separately. If that doesnt work either ill consider a different speaker. I think that would be the "sanest" way, as much as this search can be sane from the get go,..;)

There are a lot of tradeoffs in designing a woofer system and some of them may be in play in the differences you hear between the Merlin and the ATC.

For example, the Merlin is 89 dB efficient and the ATC is 85 dB efficient. The higher efficiency of the Merlin comes mainly from its woofer having a more powerful magnet. This more powerful magnet actually tends to reduce the level of the bass (and even lower midrange) region relative to the rest of the spectrum. If the Merlin’s woofer is then placed in a cabinet that is tuned fairly low, there will likely be a "sag" in the response curve above that, and this "sag" can extend up 3 octaves or more above the port tuning frequency.

If this is indeed what’s going on (or at least part of it), imo it’s the sort of thing that EQ can help with.

Duke

Awesome information Duke! Thanks.
It does sound also like Bi Amping can maintain the nature of the speakers somewhat but alter the relationship between tweeter and woofer. Would you say that is a better way to go than EQ'?