Aragon 8008x5 with Vandersteen 2w

Hello everyone, 
     I know this is a long shot but is anyone using the above combination. I am attempting to find the correct balanced crossover. I have 20K RCA, 150K balanced, these do not sound good. I do have the WX2 box but believe it is defective. I have downloaded the Vandertones and am using a multi-meter to check AC voltage at the speaker. None of that matters if I do not have various capacitors to try. 

So.... since I do not know the correct input impedance for this amp, does anyone have one they are using successfully with a 2w series sub-woofer?

PS, the advertised spec I found for the amplifier is 22K single ended. The 20K single ended crossover does not sound or measure correctly. I believe the impedance for the 8008x5 may be different from an 8008. Speakers are Vandersteen 2ci.

Thanks in advance!       
jwmorris

Hello everyone,

I thought it might be useful to others to update this thread. Based on the readings I made earlier I ordered .039 Audionote tin foil capacitors. I soldered one capacitor per leg to the signal carrying wires of an XLR cable. That did not work. The voltage drop was wrong and the sound was too.  

I then tried wiring the capacitors in parallel to double the capacitance (.078). To do this I used a parallel set for each leg of a balanced cable. Four capacitors made one cable. Since I already had the four capacitors, and suspected the impedance to have doubled, I thought it was a worthwhile experiment. This setup got me much closer to the desired voltage drop.  

I then ordered Audionote tin foil .082 capacitors. I chose Audionote because they offered the closest to the capacitance I needed for a reasonable price. Success! One Audionote capacitor per signal leg gives me a .27 voltage drop. That is close enough for me. I will allow the caps to break in for a while and then decide if I need to find a higher quality cap. For now I like what I am hearing. Better highs, and more midrange impact. I believe that .080 would give me the preferred drop of .3 volts. I have not found a capacitor of that value searching on line.          

I believe the Aragon 8008x5 has an input impedance of 50K single ended, and 100K balanced.  I made my cables using Nuetrik connectors and Canare cable.    

Thanks for all the help!

@gdnrbob Thank you again for lending me your crossover and for answering my many questions. It takes a special person to trust someone they never met. 

@jwmorris ,
No problem. I am glad you have found your solution. 
I am particularly impressed by your ability to make your own crossover.
Please do post some images of it.
Bob
on the subject of W vs. WQ I believe the W is more of a slam / bam HT sub, and the WQ is much more accurate.....