Dynaudio Audience 52SE vs. Contour S1.4

Hi,

I'm the, more og less, happy owner of a Dynaudio 52SE speaker. I'm wondering about an upgrade to the Contour S1.4.

Has anyone listened to the S1.4, and maybe compaired to the 52SE?

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Best regards
kenneth_p
I still have both.

Contour S 1.4 is more difficult to drive than 52 SE and requires more space to breath. Normally Contour 1.4 needs a more powerful amplifier than 52 SE does.

Contour S 1.4 may ne regarded as more neutral and more transparent than 52 SE. But 52 SE is a little bit warmer and tolerant for bad recordings.

With Contour S 1.4 Bass goes deeper than 52 SE does but at low volumes 52 SE seems deliver more "slam".

I think both are awesome Dynaudio allrounders.
Well, my S1.4s showed up this afternoon and I haven't stopped listening. They are ex-demos from Dynaudio US so they have been run in at least somewhat.

Initial impressions are that they are a different league entirely than my 52SEs. Bigger sound, more open and forward, much better detail & soundstage image. After an hour I put my 52SEs back downstairs in the HT system. Now I have to work on getting them burned in fully and acquiring that NAP200 to really deliver on their potential.

I have an Arcam Alpha 10P sitting around (until I get around to posting it for sale). I may try using that to see what kind of sound I get, although I'm afraid it will be a step down down from the Naim UnitiQute in SQ, even though it has a lot more power.
05-17-11: Dwette
Well, my S1.4s showed up this afternoon and I haven't stopped listening.

They are great speakers. I guess you got the matching stand2 or 4 as well which are also great if not the best.

Enjoy!
I ordered the Stand4 in black, but that color is backordered, so I have my dealers Stand2 on loan. The S1.4s are just sitting on top of them. I'll have to wait till my Stand4s come in to attach them more permanently.

Now I have to decide which phono preamp to keep: Moon 110LP vs Dynavector P-75 (Mk. I)
I recently bought a pair of Contour S1.4s and like them but I hope they still need breaking in. I hear some stridency in the higher frequencies at present but I've been told by a Dynaudio representative that this will disappear after 250 or so hours of break in...he recommended having the speakers out of phase, facing, at med vol to expedite the process. Any comments?