Left on DVD Too long ? sad mistake ?

Hello ,

I did a silly thing I have my cable TV connected to the dvd player-recorder[ a panasonic] and I left it on for months . I was not using it but it was on . I went to put a dvd in just now and it did not respond to the open or close command to put the dvd in . I was able to turn it off by the remote and hope it will cool off or mend the problem .
It didn't feel very hot, I really hope I didn't burn anything out .

I would very much appreciate any suggestions .

Alex
alexthe
I disconnected it for a half hour and no change . It says " please wait " as soon I plug it in. It does not respond to change settings buttons or any thing . Panasonic DRM-E85H .

Alex
dvd player-recorder[ a panasonic]
My Panasonic DVD Recorder is set to shut off after 6 hours unattended. In the set up menu different choices of shut off time are given.
Check your owners manual for trouble shooting....

Are you sure it didn't get zapped by lightning from your CATV?
Hi Alex,
You might be interested in my recent thread entitled;
"Need quality DVD-RAM recorder with ATSC tuner"
I telephoned Panasonic at 800-561-5505 and they were very helpful, albeit it took them a while to actually pick up the phone. I suggest that you unplug your DVD player for 24 hours and hope for the best. There may also be a way to do a "reset" by pushing two buttons at once. This should be somewhere in your owner's manual. Good luck!
(Now, I wish someone would respond to my thread. LOL!)
I second the 'reset' suggestion. there's gotta be a simple way to do it. check the manual.