Running Benchmark AHB2 in bridged mode and 4 Ohm Speaker

Does running this amp in bridge mode mean each channel will see half the impedance i.e 2 Ohm each when connected to a 4 Ohm speaker.  If so will this cause a problem when the speaker dips to 3 or 2 ohms?. 

Anyone running Benchmark AHB2 in bridged mode with low impedance speakers?. 
geek101
geek101 OP
Your prepared to spend $6k for 2 x benchmark's that in my opinion will degrade substantially once bridged.

Or get the right amp designed by John Curl, only equaled by Nelson Pass in my books, and get his
for $6k 
 https://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PAHAJC5
or for $3.1K 
https://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PAHA21P

Cheers George
 I have AHB2, few month old.  In instruction manual rev G  p.22 it states:  

Output Current: 29 A peak into 1 Ohm, both channels driven 
The same is on their website (it used to be 18A).  Perhaps they improved power supply (higher limit).

@georgehifi Benchmark has no peer in controlling distortion , zero cross over distortion but without class A hassle. I will get answers regarding damping factor and total current. I am buying them used btw.

@kijanki thank you so much pointing fhat out. Will make sure to newer revisions. 

From the review: 

"So, what about that comparison of cables between the Benchmark and Clarity sets? I set up the following components and rotated sets of cables between them: Salk Audio StreamPlayer III, DAC3 DX, AHB2 Amp (two in Mono mode), and PureAudioProject Trio15 PAP Horn 1 Speaker. "

and 

"Again, the four components in question were the DAC3 DX, AHB2 Amplifier (2)"  

I think the typical reader would understand that "(2)" meant used in Mono mode, as I had been doing earlier. 

It’s clear that you Benchmark bridging "experts" have no idea what happens to a stereo amp electronically when it’s bridged.

Guarantee whoever spends the bucks and does it here, will be back asking for other alternatives after they lived with their bridged amps.
When they’ve realized it was a backward step from using the same amp non bridged, even though it didn’t have the watts to go loud enough.
And they’ve realized all they gained was watts, and everything else sound quality wise took a hit.

Cheers George