Need Preamp and Amp to Match Vandersteen 3A Signature Speakers

I am a neophyte at hifi.   Just bought a pair of Vandersteen 3A signature speakers to replace the JBL l150A speakers that I had for years..   I want to replace the Parasound A23 amp and the Parasound P5 preamp that I currently have with something that will make the Vandersteen speakers perform at their best.     I would like to get a Class A or A/B amp.   I listen to a lot of rock and jazz.   My room is about 16' x 16'.   Can anyone give me some advice what preamp and amp would work best with these speakers.   There is so much info out there and it is very confusing.  I like a rich full sound, not harsh on the high notes.  Also like a rich, well defined base.    Thanks for any advice you can give me!!!
darmento
Call Richard Vandersteen at 559-816-2411
Call Johnny Rutan at 973-809-4467

Tom
What is your budget? You can get really nice gear at $3000, but much better at $6000. Also whichever amp/preamp you buy placement on the 3a will really make a huge difference in sound. I have the 2CE Sig II and they are very nice speakers indeed!
I have the same speakers paired with an Ayre K5xe(mp) preamp and Ayre VX5xe amp.  Great, great combo.  

I can vouch for Johnny Rutan's ability to build systems, so he's definitely worth contacting--especially if you are in the NJ area and can visit his shop (Audio Connection).

We used a set of Vandersteen 3As in our room at CES many years ago; Richard Vandersteen commented that our room sounded considerably better than his. We were using our M-60 amplifiers, which are tube amps. So I can safely say that the speakers are easily driven with tubes and that might be an option to consider.
Another option, which I am in home auditioning right now, is the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp and M700 monoblock ensemble, which can be purchased new for $2799 with a $1200 trade-in against the $3999 package price. I already have the Preamp and have been running it for a week through balanced inputs on my Manley NEO250 monoblocks. This preamp lives up to its name and sounds wonderful. My Wyred4Sound DAC2SE with femto clock is being traded in against this combo. The amps will arrive Tuesday and I can’t wait to try them out. I have been holding off on Class D amplification for the system for years but from what I’ve read recently it seems the implementation may have crossed the sonic threshold of my requirements. We’ll see. 30 day in-home trial can’t be beat; trade in shipment not expected until after the trial has completed. This is the way it should be done these days.