NHT XD's well built?

Have been considering buying new/used pair of nht xd's. Considering that nht is going out of business, or is out of business, just wanted to know if these babies are built to last.

Thanks,

doug
doug_kraz
I've had these from the time they were first released April of 05 I think.

In terms of overall capability they can't be beat. It's not going to happen. The rigidity and design is second to none. A lot of work went into developing these.

Also, the better you match them with a good preamp, stand, the better the results. But you throw a nice hard drive with all your music a solid dac like the Lavry DA10 and you will be flying high. (Manual volume on that DAC btw.)

You can't get that good sound for such a low price. And I've been there trust me.

Unless you have a really large room, 30 x 30 where you can crank it up real, real loud, 120db+, you will do great with this.

My system also includes a Grand Prix Monaco Audio stand - makes the clarity of this go from aces to The Ace of Spades. Truly remarkable.

I got in at $5500. They have been let go at $2900. Jump on it. Years of great pleasure and performance awaits.
Bought a new home in April 2010. Have a living room that is 21 feet x 24 feet - peak height is 15 feet. The NHT Xd does not fill the room at high volume and create "Room Lock." Beautiful and pristine sound at low to normal listening volumes. (I`ve heard nothing better) But - in this relatively large room - the NHT VT-3s have NEVER sounded better! These bad boys can move some serious air. They have great "room lock" to say the least. The NHT Xds are very well built. And the best value in audio today period. But not to fill big spaces.
An addendum. My two cats and one dog occasionally react to the sound from these speakers as if it is a living entity in the room. On occasion I have been startled in the same way!!

For what it`s worth.