Curious what people think is the best "value" high end speaker (~5K to 15K)

I am on a long search for speakers and just curious what people think is the best value both new or used in speakers ranging from around $5000 to $15000? I have a set of Paradigm S8's (V1) and love them but looking for another set for another set in a different listening area (25 x 20?, maybe larger).  I love the full sound of JBL's and looking for something in that range (it also helps that JBL's seem to hold their value better than most, which will be a consideration). The only drawback to JBL is footprint.  I prefer a smaller footprint which is why after reading I hope to listen to several B&W 800 series but open to suggestions across the board.  used Watt Puppies? Revels?  I am curious about peoples experience with McIntosh XR100's. 
gene3x
I'd love to hear the Ohm Walsh.
Take a listen to the Bryston Model T, they will impress how dynamic and vivid they are.
Obviously your opinion and you’ve probably never heard any of the Tannoy Prestige setup correctly and with the right gear!?  Since when does “state of the art “ translate into great sound?  Amateur hour here sometimes!
So I listened to the Persona 9H and the 3F this weekend and wasn't overly impressed.  Plenty of high-end equipment running everything (PS Audio BHK amps and PS Audio DAC).  I even brought a few SACD's as a reference for myself .  It may have been the listening area but the 9H is supposed to have ARC.  They sounded basically the same and very similar to my Signature S8's.  Maybe I don't have the discerning ear that I thought I did? The space was large with a very high (30 ft?) ceiling and lots of hard surfaces.  (wood floor ect.)   They definitely had accurate feel but not enough to justify the upgrade at this point.  

Switching gears..... are there speakers know to work really well with my McIntosh MC501 amps?  I understand that many like the Macs with the Legacy Aeris.  Does a pairing really really make that much difference? 

I definitely want to hear a set of Ohm Walsh and the Vandersteens that everyone here seem to love.  Going tomorrow to hear the Tekton DI setup on tube amps. (should be interesting) 
I did stop to see the Ohm speakers. The home theatre setup in the back room was spectacular. I think an 11.2 Atmos or something like that.

The 2 channel Ohm speakers were not so great sounding to me. I’m not sure if it was the room or what.

I had Ohm Fs way back in the day. Power hungry, but nice for what they did. However, every Ohm speaker I’ve heard in the last 25 years has been very bland and muddy and plastic sounding. My opinion.

OP, since you expressed that you liked the old JBL sound, you could consider the JBL M2 (requires dsp crossover and amplification like Crown Itech), but for a medium to large room, they are a reasonable footprint and dynamically could knock your socks off. Or, you may find that they are ’too much’ of the studio/accuracy "truth". Worth a listen if for no other reason than to narrow and better define what you are looking for.

Another contender if you can get past the size and like-it-or-hate-it looks is the Wilson Maxx 2 (used).

Other out-of-the-box considerations are something like the PureAudio OB speakers, and the GR Research Serenity 7, which may be available again soon. Finally, I saw pair of Legacy Audio Aeris available for $11K on another site that some would say are good for that price.  Fun stuff !