What is the most memorable concert that you had attended so far?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Nathan_Milstein.jpg

I do not go to concert very often, maybe once or twice a year.

I listen to music mostly through my audio system as much as 4 hours a day.

The most memorable concert that I had attended is the solo recital by Nathan Milstein held at Auditorium of UC Berkely on 1983.

He is one of the virtuoso violinist of the 20th century.

But he was 79 when he played at the recital on 1983.

When he played Partita by Bach, it was not his best.

Although he showed some of his skills, he could not keep up with the fast tempo as much as I wanted.

But as soon as he started playing "
César Franck, Violin Sonata in A Major.
".

I just marveled at the sweet sound of violin.

I could realize why he is one of the virtuoso violinist of the 20th century.

He died on 1992 so it is now impossible to attend his live recital again.

How about you ladies and gentlemen?

What is the most memorable concert that you had attended?
128x128shkong78
Jean-Luc Ponty @ Tower Theater Philadelphia (1980) (the best acoustics of all)

The Dixie Dregs @ Emerald City N.J. (1981)

The Jazz Crusaders @ Valley Forge Music Fair(1981)

Al Dimeola/Paco Delucia/John Mclaughlin @ Lehigh University (198?)

Ozark Mountain Daredevils and The Outlaws @ Bucknell University (197?)

Black Oak Arkansas and Jo Jo Gunn @ St. Joseph's Auditorium in Hazleton (197?)

Dan Fogelberg @ Penn State (197?)

Fleetwood Mac and Firefall @ The Spectrum (197?)

Steve Winwood @ Hershey Arena (198?)

John Kay @ Irvin's Bar in Sheppton (????)
@ leoniruii

Come on, give me a break!

Please list few of only most memorable ones.

You make people jealous!
Over the decades, I've attended *thousands* of live performances, ranging from the New Lost City Ramblers, to the N. Y. Pro Musica, to Michala Petri, the Heifetz of the recorder, to Kathryn Tickell, OBE, the Heifetz of the Northumbrian smallpipes, to Felix Hell on the pipe organ, to bands like Chicago and the Eurythmics, to Bill Monroe & the Bluegrass Boys, to Natalie MacMaster, Cape Breton fiddler extraordinaire. Many were spectacular and very memorable.

None, however, have ever exceeded The Bothy Band, who I *produced* in concert at a small community college in far western New York State in September of the year of '76. They were on a short, and mostly disastrous, tour, the only time they ever performed in the U. S. Nevertheless, their performance was like no other. It was Promethean—they brought fire to Earth. The Bothys had just recorded their second album, "Old Hag You Have Killed Me," two months earlier, and Kevin Burke was playing the fiddle. I'd turned out an audience of over 200 people in that small town, and no one, not even myself, had ever heard the like. After an opening set by Lew London, the Bothys played for 2 1/4 hours *without a break*, until 11:30 pm, and no one left. Half way through, they put down their instruments and sang their now famous a cappella piece "Fionnghuala" https://youtu.be/3aFAQvhA9kY  When they were done, the audience sat in stunned silence for at least 10-15 seconds before the first person clapped, then they went nuts. I've never seen that happen in all of the years and all of the concerts I've attended since. And so it went. As I said, Promethean.
October 31, 1990, Wembly Arena, London England. Grateful Dead. They played Werewolves of London.

The Who, Atlanta Omni, November, 24, 1975

Grateful Dead, Atlanta Omni, December 12, 1974

Talking Heads, Pretenders, Dire Straits, Alex Cooleys Electric Ballroom (aka The Agora Ballroom), Atlanta GA, various dates 1976-1979

Fleetwood Mac, Fox Theater, Atlanta GA, November 14, 1975

Bruce Springsteen, Atlanta Civic Center, March 2, 1977

This is just what I remember. We saw a lot of music in the 1970s. Can’t remember all the Grateful Dead shows I attended around the country over three decades.

Rollin
Saw Jimi Hendrix at Merriweather Post outdoors in MD circa 1969. A monster thunderstorm came out of nowhere and Hendrix’ guitar picked up Purple Haze a local radio station was playing since he was in town. Hendrix held his guitar up to the microphone so the audience could hear Purple Haze and said, thank you, thank you.