Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Well done Tom buying the 3.6s!....can't wait for your XO upgrade/revision project.
I am looking forward to the 3.6 XO upgrade/revision too. Please keep us CS3.6 owners updated.

jasx67...I don't consider myself having audiophile knowledge, but I do consider myself having audiophile ears. I am acquiring quite a bit of knowledge on this forum, though.

Jon
I own a pair of 2 2's as well as four 3.5's.  I am wondering, from those who have had 2.2's, 2.3's, and 2.4's what the sonic differences were as you go up the line.  But even more importantly, what the problem is with the 2.3's that keeps their used value closer to the 2.2's than to 2.4's.  Is it reliability, and if so, what?   Thank you in advance for your help.
harry - I can address part of your query. The 2.2s were very well developed / mature and had a long run. Lots of fans. The 2.3s were the first application of the mechanical / crossover-less coax concept. I hear that there were improvements on the table pretty early, and not many 2.3s were sold, perhaps the shortest run ever. The 2.4 was a big uptick in performance and sales and has been an audiophile darling, possibly more so than any other Thiel product. That's some market mechanics.

Some folks here can address the sonic differences. I have and love my 2.2s and am working on a hotrod kit for them.

PS: I am calling the 2.2s by their proper name. The decimal was dropped under threat of lawsuit by Bose. But the product has been out of manufacture for way long, Mr. Bose is no longer with us, his legal staff was embarrassed . . . so let's pretend they don't care anymore.
Guys - Ted Green / strata-gee.com has published his article on Thiel,LLC recent bankruptcy filing. https://www.strata-gee.com/