Phono cable advice.

What are some good phono cable options for around $150ish and under? So far I’m looking at BJ LC-1 and Zu Audio Mission cables. This would be for between my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Esprit and most likely (still looking) a MoFi StudioPhono preamp. I have an extra pair of Kimber Silver Streak cables but they don’t look insulated well enough. I’ll be running DH Labs Air Matrix from my preamp to KEF LS50 Wireless speakers. I’d like something I can grow out a little with as I incrementally upgrade things. Stylus (Blue 2M?) is probably next.

Thanks for any input.
asahitoro
best-groove, Please compare my comment that you quoted to your comment.  I hope you'll see we are in complete agreement with respect to the desired endpoint, which is to know approximately how much capacitance your phono cable adds.  Without knowing that, you cannot dial in the remainder of the recommended total, using your phono stage(s).  Going crazy is not necessary, I agree.

@asahitoro, and you other good folk here, I ended up buying 2 pair of Amadi Maddi Signature .75 meter interconnects made by Philip Amadi with KLE Innovations Copper Harmony RCA plugs.

And they sound amazing right out of the box even without full burn in. It will take me about 2 months to burn them in as I don’t have a cable burner and I will write a separate review then.

@asahitoro, if I’d have known you were looking for a ’giant killer’ phono preamp I would’ve recommended a Parks Audio Puffin at $399 from Shannon Parks. Thanks guys for all your suggestions.

To suggest that small signal cables need no shield is an insult to electrical engineering and all of the hard work that goes into proper design and not just in cables but in any electrical components. Especially in today’s polluted world.
I ran Kimber cables for some years and never had a hum problem of any sort. I stopped when I got the Triplanar, as it has its own cable integrated with the arm. In either case, I ran balanced.

With the Kimber, I could easily handle the phono cable and not induce any hum, despite its ground connection being a wire instead of a proper shield.

However I would not expect this to work in all environments as Lewm points out above. Just like sex, drugs and rock and roll, it worked for me but I don't recommend it for everyone :)
If you are running single ended, an unshielded cable will be more susceptible to environmentally induced noise, but common sense applies to this one- cable manufacturers couldn't get away with selling this sort of stuff if it didn't work. If the cartridge is low impedance, its going to be a lot harder for induced noise to get going. Further, if the input to the preamp is a low resistance, the same will be true. The problem areas will be if a power transformer, AC cord is nearby, or if a radio station is close enough to cause problems. In those cases, a shielded cable of low capacitance would be a good idea.
@tyray thanks I was looking at the Puffin and tried to locate a Budgie too. I ended up with a Lounge Audio LCR MKIII w/silver upgrade for a great deal. Picked up a minty used Orofon Bronze too for a steal. I’m still keeping my eyes open for deals on other used stuff to satisfy my wannabe audiophile upgradeitis...lol.