Trying to Decide on my next Purchase

I'm new to digital music and decided on the NAD Master Series M12 and M22 v2 for my music room.  With the M12/M22 setup, I'm using a McIntosh MCD7008 (that I borrowed from my rec room Mac analog system).  My next purchase will be a CD transport to replace the Mac MCD or a digital music streamer.  My budget is ~$3500. 

I'm considering the NAD M50.2, but I'm concerned about usability issues that I read about, in particular, it has no remote and the app must be used to initially play a CD. The blog noted the M12 remote cannot be used to start playing a CD.  Does anyone know if the M12 remote can be used or programmed to control the following 50.2 functions:
  1. Open the tray
  2. Close the tray
  3. Play a CD in the tray
  4. Play any CD stored on the device
The idea of ripping my CD library all over again isn't that appealing, but with the 50.2 I won't need another CD player :-).   
128x128oldschool1948
Are you referring to Logitech Media Server or the LMMS software platform?

My sense is that the bigger decision for you centers around choosing a software platform. Let that drive your component choice.

Innuos does support Squeezebox.
I’m referring to Logitech Media Server.  And you are correct on software being a major factor.

I have Squeezebox Duets and Raspberry PI players all around my house.  I use a Duet with my M12 most of the time.  When listening to Tidal masters, I use the M12’s BluOS module.  

I’m giving the Innuos serious consideration.  With it I could kill two birds with one stone.  Get a CD player for my new gear, which I need, and Squeezebox player, which I don’t really need but would eliminate the need for the Duet.
As an M50.2 owner since January, I cannot recommend this product to any serious music listener. The excellent hardware features are more than negated by truly horrible software support. 

1) since the 2017 fall creator’s update, Windows 10 users have been unable to access the share folders on the M50.2 because the device uses the old Samba 1/CIFS file sharing protocol. This protocol is so insecure that every OS has simply disabled it...there is no patch. Re-enabling smb/CIFS in Windows 10 today doesn’t grant access to the share folders, you now have to enable insecure guest authentication in your registry (which is by default set to off for good reasons). 

Bottom line, this thing is currently useless for windows 10 users as a network sharing device.  Unless you’re ok with opening up security holes on your computer.

2) DSD support, promised since late 2017, was supposed to come by the 2017 holidays, then spring 2018, and we still don’t have it today. I can only assume this is due to a licensing issue with MQA.

3) HDTracks is no longer accessible as a service on the M50.2. It was, but changes on their end created problems with the M50.2 auto-download service.

It would be nice if NAD open sourced the software. If they did, I guarantee to you that these issues would have been resolved by now, but it is what it is. Of course, they’re clearly operating off of a Linux build (maybe even android?) and are probably required to release their source code by the GNU license, but I won’t hold my breath. 
@oldschool1948

Not sure if you have made a purchase or decided on something by now but if you haven’t, I highly recommend the Naim Uniti Nova all-in-one solution. It is a streamer/DAC/integrated amp in a single chassis. You can sell your NAD M12/M22 combo and just get this Naim Uniti Nova. It currently retails for $7500 new. The amplifier runs in class AB. It is a highly musical sounding unit and I’m pretty sure it will sound more musical than your NAD M12/M22 combo plus a streamer.
The sound is very refined smooth very musical punchy and lean slightly toward a warmer side of neutral but nothing like a tube warm. It has excellent musical and rhtymic drive with great and focus imaging.

The Naim Uniti Nova has a pair of XLR & RCA analog audio inputs so you can connect a CD player to it. It also has various digital inputs (USB, ethernet, spdif, optical digital). You can connect a CD transport via one of these digital inputs on the Naim. Naim makes excellent DAC & streamer.
The Nova comes equipped with built-in Tidal & Spotify streaming apps and is Roon ready.

I happen to own the Naim Uniti Nova in my bedroom setup paired with B&W 805 D3 standmount speakers. They make great combo IMO.

caphill, I purchased an Innuos Zenith MK2 and I’m quite happy with it. Having said that, I might have gone the Naim route if I read your email beforehand. A close friend of mine purchased a Naim Unity Star with some Focal speakers and the combo sounds really good.

I also upgraded my turntable to a Technics SL-1200G w/ Ortofon Quintet Black cart. I’m in vinyl heaven.

I still have the NAD gear, and I must say as it's broken-in along with the power cords and interconnects that I purchased, it sounds pretty good.  But, I do plan to replace the NAD gear with something else; I'm not yet sure what that might be.  I'm looking for a better pre-amp/amp or integrated amp match for my Tannoy 8 dcti speakers.