Doug Schroeder Method, Double ic

I think this topic deserves its own thread , where use double ic through y adapters , from source to preamp, Can’t connect it from Preamp to Amp...For me the result is huge, I can’t go back to single ic....
128x128jayctoy
celander, yes, there are differences in spacing between L/R outputs on preamps and amps, but I have yet to use one that cannot accommodate the Audioquest RCA Splitters. The splitters are no wider than the standard RCA cable. 

If a person has challenges with splitters and spacing, then try a "y" cable instead, which should alleviate the problem and accomplish a similar, though not identical outcome. 
..just checking......the Y connection for balanced cables in this application needs to be female XLR to double Male, and then double Female to single Male....is that right?
Yes, that is correct. You will find that precious few XLR makers have the second version, the double female to single male. I found one online that was cheap, but sounds poor, and another that was marginally better  for pro sound applications. Neither are acceptable for my purposes. I spent maybe $75 on them total as a cost of testing. Well worth it to establish that the quality of the Y cables are crucial to achieving the best outcome (when Schroeder Method is used with splitters/Y cables). 

I was directed to Audio Sensibility and am now testing XLR splitters/rejoiners as indicated above made by that company; so far, superb results.  Audio Blast article pertaining to Audio Sensibility specialized products for Schroeder Method underway. 

I currently am using the XLR cables under review in Schroeder Method configuration between the Benchmark DAC3 DX and a pair of Benchmark AHB2 Amplifiers in Mono Mode. Rocket ride, baby!

A person can put together a Schroeder Method set of ICs on the cheap, and they should expect lovely results. However, as with all wiring, better cables will provide superior results. All of the testing I have done so far confirms this. So, if cheap splitters/Y cables are used along with inexpensive/low grade ICs, while there will be a surprising improvement, this in no way suggests that the limit has been reached. I suspect there are some stunning results to be found with superior connectors and cables, or alternatively with manufactured superior cables in Schroeder Method. 

There is a LOT of room to roam upward in performance, even after the initial jolt that comes from hearing Schroeder Method the first time.  :)