Which magnepan

It’s been a while since I have had a pair of  magnepans and wondering which pair to get.

room size is 18 w x 21 L , 8 ft flat ceilings.  This room used to be the master bedroom and still could be, but right now it’s the stereo room.       I did try the 3.6rs in there and they are to big for the room as they didn’t image right.   Before I had those, I had a pair of 2.6qr’s and they were in a different room and really enjoyed
those speakers....and sold them as I took a break for a bit.
do I get a pair of the new MMGi and add a sub ( svs ), or do the get the 1.7 ?

Or are there other ideas for speaker ideas for around $1k to $1500 that image well and have good sound stage?
addyson815
I have the 1.7i as well.... VTL 2.5 preamp, Bryston 4b, Schiit DAC, UltraRendu fed by W4S power supply. King Cobra RCA & Kimber 12TC.

The other day I was looking at an extra NHT sub setting in storage... idea!
I ran speaker level through the sub (it's in center) x-over at 50hz.
My Maggie's are approx. 4' from back wall, 7" from sides, toed in 2" with tweeters out. 12' x 21' room... listening at about 2/3 back... ATS room treatment at rear and first reflection.
WOW!?!
I can't believe what I'm hearing... dead center image... speakers completely disappear... images depth far beyond all walls (front, back,sides) this sounds like I'm sitting in the perfect spot at a concert.
WTH? This was for fun.... but now I want to experiment with higher quality subs.... or maybe not???    ;)
The 3.7i should fit in your room.  I have a 24'x15'10' room.  The length actually continues another 10'-15' beyond a kitchen counter.  I have the speakers 10' and 8' off the front wall (irregularly shaped), and it sounds glorious.
Just like the rap song says " couldnt afford the Martin Logans so I got the Magnapans"