Do speaker cables need a burn in period?

I have heard some say that speaker cables do need a 'burn in', and some say that its totally BS.
What say you?

128x128gawdbless
Thanks maritime51.
This is way beyond ridiculous.
Citing an article by a high end cable supplier with zero scientific data or support as some sort of proof of change in the properties of a wire to carry a given signal??

Electromigration? The following is from AMI/IDC

"Electromigration is an electrochemical process where metal on an insulating material, in a humid environment and under an applied electric field, leaves its initial location in ionic form and redeposits somewhere else. Such migration may reduce isolation gaps and ultimately lead to an electrical short circuit. The process begins when a thin continuous film of water has been formed and a potential is applied between oppositely charged electrodes. Positive metal ions are formed at the positively biased electrode1 (the anode), and migrate toward the negatively charged cathode. Over time, these ions accumulate as metallic dendrites, reducing the spacing between the electrodes, and eventually creating a metal bridge. 1. Electromigration is closely related to corrosion, with the anode being attacked, but which circuit element is the anode is determined by the applied field rather than the oxidation potential of the metal used. Whilst most often seen as a surface effect, vertical migration can also occur when moisture has penetrated into the bulk of a porous material."

This article goes on at some length and it has absolutely nothing to do with speaker wire or the signals it's required to carry.

I'd need several hard drives to contain all the empirical scientific data available on this topic.

As to the opposing view on the mysterious and magical process of speaker wire burn-in, no such data exists and the idea has been debunked countless times. One doesn't have to look hard at all to find the proof of this.

"Relaxed" cables - give me a break! I believe I heard a rumour of a new speaker cable made of silver coated graphene with gold plated contacts. It's wound with a single copper strand and coated in a special oxygenated dielectric coating to prevent all forms of interference. It's cryogenically frozen and has a "special" electrical signal passed through it after it thaws out which "pre-burns" the cable eliminating the time and hassle of burning it in at home. It's $1,000 a foot and the company recommends replacing it every 5 years after its prime performance declines. No, there's no such thing - yet. As one can see from this thread, there is clearly a market for it though. Believers rejoice!

Leaving this thread before I start with the blonde jokes, gremlins, ghosts in the machine, wire fairies and yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. Should've taken that left at Albuquerque.

no2headphones

As to the opposing view on the mysterious and magical process of speaker wire burn-in, no such data exists and the idea has been debunked countless times. One doesn’t have to look hard at all to find the proof of this.

>>>>Interesting. Can you provide the proof that burn-in doesn’t exist? Share, share!
Off to the chronosynclastic infundibulum, Kitty Kat.....🐈💩🚽🔚
I hear the hardest part about flying big buses is trying to stay awake. Is that true? Also, is it true you’re required to wear Mickey Mouse ears when you fly?