The "how many reviews it got" rule

This is my rule of thump when I purchase components online
without having heard them first.  If a component received a
lot of reviews, chances are the component is very good.
I mean the component has to be good to attract a lot of
reviewers. Most reviewers probably wouldn’t
bother to review something he doesn’t like in the first place.
andy2
Huh? Nobody gives a crap about Bose. We want to see expensive stuff reviewed. The more expensive the better!
It's obvious that people only review gears that they like.  I don't know of anyone would go out of their way to bring a bad component they don't like to their place and waste their time for a couple of weeks just for the heck of it.
Therefore if a gear is being reviewed, it's most likely a quality component that they already like.  Some have brought up the issue that Stereophile only reviews established brands, well it's the same reason I only purchase components from establish brand because I don't want to take the risk just as Stereophile probably doesn't want to take the risk of reviewing some suspect components that may go out of business the next year.
Now the other issue that brought up is that do any reviewer just outright lie?  Turning a bad component into a good one.  If they did that, I don't think they would be in business for very long.  I doubt a lot of reviewers do that.  Some have brought up this issue but I am not sure there was any evidence other than hearsay. 

But it's probably true that some established professional magazine such as HiFi+ or Stereophile do have their preferred brands but that does not mean they misrepresent themselves in the reviews.  It's like advertisements.  Their ads money may steer them toward a certain brands than others but that does not mean their reviews are less than honest.

It is a business.  The reviews are for information purposes only.  They are not written to say this one is better than that one.  They compare what the reviewer hears in their system, not yours.  Use them as a guide.  Once you read a review, go hear that component at a dealer to see if you hear what the reviewer is writing about.  If you hear what the reviewer comments on, then you can understand the reviewer and how they hear sound.  Also, small companies and start up companies do not get reviews, understand why?

Happy Listening.  
So refreshing to see the group at least has some members aware of the audio racket. re: media, mfg and brick and mortar dealers. The trifecta of how to control a market. Keep people in the dark, or confuse them with crafted special terms for everyday stuff, blow things way out of proportion. I not only reveal the BS I find but I do straight comparisons on video, so you can hear the reality of the newest "giant killer" against a 20 year old giant and see who fares best. I show you how to make a grounding box for yourself instead of paying through the nose, I show you how to recreate the special magic "field" resonators using product made for other industries that people repackage for this industry, so they can rake in cash.. go to You Tube and search for "OCD HiFi Guy"  I find the truth and share my findings
Post removed