why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable

I have tried expensive cables and one's moderately priced. I would say there were some differences but I can't actually say the expensive cables were better. IMHO I believe a lot of people buy expensive cables because they don't actual trust their ears and are afraid of making a mistake. They figure the expensive cables are better for the fact they cost more. If you have a difference of opinion or share the same thoughts, I would like to hear about it.
taters
I remember being very happy with some M series monster cables in one of my lesser systems.  Synergy, room acoustics etc..all come into play!
"...has won a couple of the usb Cable shoot outs"
How is that done? So many people on these forums  dismiss blind testing.
Go to Audio bacon dot com. I’m just telling you I have tried 50 different Cable brands this is one of the tops I’ve heard ever period 
@d2girls

" teo audio speaker cables, starting $22,000 USD 6ft / pairhis reference interconnects available starting at around $11,000 USDgood luck finding where he even manufactures them, dont think its canada, his address on his site leads to a postal box in the middle of nowhere."

Don’t mean to make you look any more foolish or even more petty and vindictive than you have been up to this point but the current site clearly gives an address, and there is no postal box, and btw the cables have always been manufactured in Kingston, Ontario.

Just sayin’ eh.