Dead Can Dance reissues - not happy

I recently purchased Into the Labyrinth, the Debut, and Towards the Within based on positive feedback.  Well, I am very disappointed in the sound quality.  It sounds forced, bright, and, well frankly, overdone.  Is the MOFI like this or should i just get the originals for a few more bucks?
tzh21y
i am beginning to think ya got to have the originals for my kind of listening preference.
My MoFi releases sound great (I have very low serial numbers). However, I am partial to the MoFi digital remasters on hybrid CD/SACD (played through my Ayre CX-7e mp). The Redbook layer is stellar. I’ll pull out the box set vinyl copies in the morning for a comparison. 
Yeah, get the originals, I saw them all on ebay lately.
Let me be a little sadistic for a moment - I got original UK white label promo of the Aion album. I can't find any other DCD promo, I do have Japanese first release of the Spleen and Ideal - yeah, better than the UK as I remember, I got rid of the UK one a long time ago.
well, after a few plays Into the Labyrinth sounds good enough that i will not pursue the MoFi or the UK. Hmmm. what a difference a few plays make.